Chapter 9

You arrive back at the building with Shorter. Ash and Eiji were eating dinner. It looked. Edible. But you weren't taking any chances. You looked over at Ash, who didn't seem to be enjoying Eiji's food. You dropped your bag and went straight to the kitchen. You pulled up a recipe for pizza and began making enough for the 4 of you.

Shorter and Ash were stood there at the kitchen door at this point. Taking in the mixed smell of different ingredients. You turned around to see them and then went back to cooking. You decided to make some cupcakes as well. You went through your snack bag and found some chocolate.

After a while of cooking, you called the three boys into the kitchen. There were two pizzas - you thought that was enough for all of you - and a tray of cupcakes. The boys seemed to be excited about the food. Ash went over first and looked down at you.

"Where'd you get the pizza and cupcakes from?" Ash asked.

"I made it. From scratch." You said, getting out 4 plates.

"Seriously! You made this?!" Shorter screamed in excitement.

"Yeah. I thought it was the least I could do." You said, smiling.

"Yay!" Shorter said.

You handed out the plates and let everyone take as many slices as they wanted. After everyone had grabbed a couple slices, you went to go and sit down and eat it. It was delicious. You took a bite and thoroughly enjoyed it. So did everyone else.

"This is delicious!" Eiji and Shorter said at the same time.

"Yeah. It's really good. When did you learn to cook?" Ash asked.

"Oh you know. Here and there. I'm glad you liked the pizza. There's cupcakes as well. Oh and I have some fizzy drinks." You respond.

"Nice. I'll take one." Shorter said.

"Yeah same." Ash added.

"I'll have one as well." Eiji said.

You then went back to the kitchen and grabbed 4 cupcakes and 4 drinks. You didn't think your cooking was that good. But, nonetheless, you were glad that they enjoyed it. You emerged again with a plate of cupcakes and trying to hold 4 drinks.

You made it back to the sofa, handing out the cupcakes and drinks. Everyone seemed pleased. You were pleased. You had friends. People you could rely on. Someone who understood you. Could read you like a book. You were glad.

"Y/N. Your cooking is better than Eiji's." Ash said, taking another bite of the cupcake.

"Hey! My cooking isn't that bad, right Y/N?" Eiji said.

"Thanks Ash. Ash has a point. Your food can be a bit..." You paused.

"Inedible." Shorter added, causing you to laugh.

You sat there for a while, enjoying the company. Talking about your delicious food. There was left-over pizza and cupcakes. You saved a bit of each and gave the rest to Shorter. He was more than happy to take it, even though he worked at a restaurant.

"Well. I have to go now. Bye Ash. Eiji. Y/N." Shorter said, before getting up and leaving.

"Bye Shorter." You, Eiji, and Ash said at the same time.

(A/N: sorry again for another short chapter. I wrote a couple time skips and realised I could just edit them out. ItadoriYujiandSukuna 🌸💖)