Chapter 11

It was early morning. You. Ash. Max. Shorter. Ibe and Eiji. All of you ready to start the plan Ash had created the previous day. You were ready for what the day would throw at you. But you couldn't get rid of the sinking feeling that resided in you. You had to face. Him. You knew one day it would happen. You always wanted him dead. But. You weren't quite sure how to do it.

You sat there in the room. Speechless. Your face was filled with anxiety. You hid your face from the rest of the people in the room. You didn't want them to know. Yet, your body was screaming at you to tell them. The final brief of the plan went on, but you just zoned out. To busy focusing on the one thing about the plan that you were dreading.

Eiji placed a hand on your shoulder, before snapping you back to reality. "Y/N. Are you ok?" He asked.

"Huh? Y-Yeah. I'm fine." You said.

"Hmm." Ash paused. "Somethings bothering you." He added.

"Err. Yeah. I guess you could say that." You say, looking at the ground.

"Is it about that man you loathe?" He questioned.

"Yeah..." You said, not looking up.

"He's not gonna harm you." Ash said, confusing everyone in the room.

"I'm gonna go get a drink." You say, before standing up.

"Yeah. Me too." Shorter said.

You went into the kitchen and Shorter followed. You didn't realise it until you reached the kitchen and almost dropped the glass. Your hands were shaking. Yet again, Ash could read you like a book. You thought you'd be used to it by now. Once you steadied yourself, you filled your glass and sat down at the table. You weren't ready to face the questions they may have, but it didn't seem like you could avoid them either.

"Hey Y/N. Why do you look so shaken up?" Shorter asked.

"It's nothing really. I'm fine." You said, taking a sip of the drink.

"What did Ash mean when he said that man won't harm you? Who's that man?" Shorter enquired.

"Dino Golzine." Ash said, stepping in. You immediately froze at the mention of his name.

"The guy we're targeting?" Shorter asks.

"Yeah." You shakily respond.

"So what did you mean when he won't harm Y/N?" Shorter says looking at Ash.

Ash looked at you. You knew he was asking if it was ok to answer the question. You knew the truth had to come out eventually. So you nodded. But before Ash could answer, you answered Shorter's question instead. You thought it would be better if you told him. Rather than Ash. It was your past after all.

"Because..." You paused, holding back tears. "Because he's done awful things in the past. To children. To me!" You said breaking down.

Immediately Shorter knew what you meant. He knew you and Ash were very much alike. Plucked from the same despair-ridden tree. None of you knew how to react. Or what to to say. Eventually, you all just walked out of the kitchen and pretended nothing happened.

It was time. Time for the plan to fall into action. And hopefully time to take out that bastard Golzine. You didn't have high hopes about killing the guy. You could only hope that the plan would be of some success.