Chapter 15

It was early the next morning. The day Ash wanted to head down the Cape Cod. Max had managed to get a hold of a truck to take you, Ash, Eiji, himself, Shorter and Ibe down to Cape Cod. Ash sat in front with Max while you, Eiji and Shorter sat in the back. It was gonna be a long drive.

"Hey Eiji?" You say, breaking the silence.

"Yeah?" He replies.

"What's love?" You ask.

"Oh. Erm. You're probably asking the wrong person for that." He replied.

"Huh?" You say.

"Love you say?" Shorter chimes in.

"Yeah. That's what I said." You reply.

"You think you're in love with someone, don't you?" Shorter asks.

"What?! No!" You say, blushing.

"Love is. Well you know you love someone when your heart beats quicker. You blush when they call you cute or pet names. You long to be near them. What's with the question all of a sudden?" Shorter asks.

"I dunno. It's just... it's been forever since I've actually felt loved. You know?" You reply.

"Y/N..." Eiji says.

"Eiji. It's okay. I guess. I've just lived a difficult life. But. Yeah I guess I do have feelings." You say, trying to formulate a decent sentence.

"Let me guess. Ash?" Shorter interjects.

"Wha. No!" You say, blushing.

"Yup. She has feelings for Ash." Shorter says.

"Shh! Lower the volume!" You say.

Ash's POV:
"Hey Max?" I ask.

"Yeah?" Max says.

"I err. Ok. I have a scenario for you. Say a guy has fallen for a girl. But the girl doesn't know he likes her. Should he ask her out or not?" I ask.

"Ok. So does the girl and guy have anything in common?" Max asks. Hopefully oblivious to the fact that it's about me.

"Yeah. They've both lived awful lives. And connected over that fact. They both haven't felt loved in forever." I reply.

"Huh. Then it seems to me that they probably love each other." Max replies.

"So should he ask her out the next time he sees her?" I ask.

"Yeah. He should." Max says.

So now I had to formulate a plan to ask her out.

Time Skip:
We had finally arrived in Cape Cod after a long journey. We all got out of the truck and stretched. I looked over to Y/N who seemed to be looking away blushing. I went up beside her and asked her to follow me.

"Hey Y/N? Come with me. I wanna show you something." I say.

"Erm. Ok." She replies.

We walked to a cliff edge and sat down on the edge of it, looking over the landscape. She stared in awe at the view.

"So what did you wanna say? Oh. I also wanted to tell you something at the same time." She says.

"Ok then. On the count of three." I reply.

"Ok. 1." She says.

"2." I say.

"3." She says.

"I love you!" We both say at the same time.

"Huh. So you do reciprocate my feelings then?" She says.

"I. I guess I do." I reply.

"So. Now what?" She asks.

"Erm..." I pause. Contemplating.

"Will you be my boyfriend?" She asks.

"Yes." I reply.

We headed back to everyone else, secretly holding hands behind our backs. We walked up to everyone and Max, Eiji and Shorter seemed to be sharing the same expression on their faces.

"What?" Y/N asks.

"Oh nothing. Glad that worked out for you." Shorter says, pointing at our interlocked hands.

She blushed and looked away.

"I guess we did sort it out, huh?" She paused. "I'm glad. I've finally found someone who will love me for me. And won't force themselves onto me. Force me to do things I don't want to do. And vice verse. And we dearly love one another. Truly." She replies.

"Y/N..." I say.

"No. No. It's fine. Look Ash. I genuinely meant it. And I love you Ash." She said.

"I love you too." I say.