Chapter 14

⚠️mentions of r*pe, sex and swearing⚠️

You eventually woke up to find everyone was asleep except Ash. He probably waited for you to wake up again. You were shocked to see him awake. But slightly annoyed that your wound had been seen to while you were out. You wanted to brave your way through life. But you couldn't.

You let out a sigh before speaking. "Why'd you stay up till I woke up?" You said.

"Cos. I wanted to ask you something." Ash said.

"What?" You said, confused.

"What's the real reason you don't want people looking after you?" Ash questioned.

You froze. He figured it out. You were hiding your true reason. You let out another sigh before answering.

"I am fed up of people laying their hands on me without even gaining my consent first. I've lived basically my whole life looking after myself. Having no one to support me when I would have men force themselves on me. I have reoccurring nightmares about it. I can't escape it. I want to, but I can't. I'm scared people will judge me when they find out the truth behind me. The truth behind the person who has been kidnapped by a bastard. And forced to obey their every fucking sex desire!" You say, bursting into tears and shouting at the same time.

You didn't mean to shout. But everyone heard you. As soon as you saw them looking at you, you burst into tears then ran out of the room. You didn't want everyone to hear your past. And it definitely didn't feel any better now that you tale was in the wind. It annoyed you that everyone heard.

"I-I didn't know she went through such a thing." Max said.

"Maybe that's why she kept a brave face. She wanted to keep her past buried." Ibe says.

"I'm gonna go find her. I'm the reason she's upset." Ash said, getting up and leaving.

Ash had left the main living room and went to go and look for you. He felt bad for asking, since you had chosen to keep your past a secret. You didn't want to burden anyone anymore. That's why you chose not to say it. You wanted to brave it out and keep your past in the past. It was a course you were willing to take, even if it meant shutting everyone out.

After about 5 minutes of searching, Ash had found you on the roof of Max's hideout. Shivering but quietly sobbing at the same time. You wanted a break. To run away from this life. But you knew you couldn't. You knew he'd constantly be searching for you. Forcing you to return against your will. As if you were his property. As if he owned you.

"Hey are you alright? I'm sorry for bringing it up again." He said as he approached you.

"It was bound to come out sooner or later. But. I didn't expect everyone to hear. It was a burden I was willing to carry. A secret I was willing to keep. But I crumbled when I found that you had read me like a book once again. I hate this life. I want to run away from it." You say, not looking at Ash but out at the glowing sky riddled with stars.

"Yeah but it should've been on your terms. When you were ready." He says, trying to comfort you.

"It's in the past now. It doesn't matter." You reply.

"We're going to Cape Cod later on in the day. You should get some rest." Ash says.

"Wait, why Cape Cod?" You ask, curiously but slightly confused at the same time.

"I want to collect my brother's things." He replies.