Chapter 10

⚠️mentions of human trafficking⚠️

It was early morning. Ash and Eiji were already awake. You were still asleep. Ash went into your room and managed to wake you up. He told you he had some business to attend to today. You insisted on going with him, and he reluctantly agreed. You went and showered. After that, you got changed and went to ask Ash what he was going to do.

"I'm going to see a friend of a friend." He says.

"I have a feeling it's not a friend of your friends. But a friend of someone closer to you." You tease.

"Never mind that. I'm going to meet him today." He says.

You, Eiji and Ash leave the building and head for the guy's workplace. The only information you had on the guy was that his name was Max Lobo. And he was a freelance journalist. You were intrigued to find out more about his line of work. You eventually arrive at the man's office. He wasn't what you were expecting.

"Hello Max." Ash said, shaking the man's hand.

"Hello. I'm Max. And you two are?" Max inquired, shaking yours and Eiji's hands.

"I'm Eiji Okumara." Eiji said.

"And I'm F/N L/N." You add.

"L/N? I recognise that surname." Max said.

"Wait. You do?" You question.

"Yeah. I'm not sure why I recognise it." Max responded.

Max and Ash had a catch up in the office while you and Eiji sat outside. You picked up a magazine and began reading it. You weren't that interested in it, but you had to do something to pass the time. Once Ash and Max has caught up, Ash called you and Eiji into the office. Shorter was already in there. As well as the man from the bar the other day. You looked quite shocked.

"What's up, Y/N?" Ash asked.

"When did Shorter and..." You paused. "I'm sorry I don't know your name. But when did you two get here?" You enquired.

"No too long ago." Shorter said, you were still baffled.

"Oh. I'm Ibe." The other man said.

"Hi. I didn't see either of you walk in." You add.

"Ok. The plan is to target this seafood restaurant." Ash said, pointing at a map on the table.

"Why a seafood restaurant?" You asked.

"It may look like your average restaurant. But they sell other things. He doesn't have many guards, so his guests aren't as suspicious. He's said to be there every second Wednesday of the month." Ash said.

"Wait. They sell. Humans?!" You say, trying not to be sick.

"Yeah. The plan is to have Shorter distract them. Then I'll come in and start shooting. Y/N. You're with me. Since he's looking for you, I'd want you to stay with me. Besides, you're good at fighting." Ash says.

"Yeah. Alright. Sounds like a plan. So when does it take place?" You question.

"Tomorrow." Shorter says.

(A/N: I really need to stop writing short chapters. I think next time I'll write the story on Wattpad rather than on my notes in my phone. ItadoriYujiandSukuna 🌸💖)