News Travels

The kids were watching the news with the Wiggles.

"News flash. Constantine the world's most dangerous frog has escaped from the Gulag once again. And he seems to be up to no good seeing as he's being searched for in Liverpool. No one knows what he could do there. Meanwhile, a reminder to keep a lookout for the mysterious Lemur" said the newscaster.

"The world's most dangerous frog? In Liverpool?" said Calvin.

"He looks just like Kermit the Frog" said Charles Wallace.

"Yeah, except for that mole on his face. Either way, if he's in Liverpool we better inform Meg and make sure he doesn't go near the Beatles. Especially if Paul's sick" Sam said.

"Good idea. Murray? Would you call Meg at the Cavern please? She needs to know that this frog named Constantine is in Liverpool and might be after the Beatles" said Calvin.

"Of course, kids" said Murray.

Meg answered the phone in the Cavern.

"Cavern Club" she said through the phone. 

"Hey, Meg. It's Murray"

"Oh, Murray! Hi. What's up?" 

"Your friends saw on the news that an evil frog is in Liverpool. If you see a frog that looks menacing, bring the Beatles back to the Wigglehouse to make sure he doesn't find them"

"Okay. Thanks for telling me"

And Meg hung up the phone and went up to check on Paul.

"Any better, hon?" she said.

Paul loved it when Meg called him "hon". She had been calling him that ever since she met him.

"Not really. It still really hurts" Paul said.

The phone rang again and John answered.

"John Lennon of the Beatles speaking" he said.

"John Lennon... I'm Dr Whatsit. I'm one of Meg Murry's bosses" said the woman on the phone.

"Oh, yeah. We were gonna call you and say that Meg's taking care of our very ill Paul McCartney but our latest gig totally slipped our minds" said John.

"Are you also aware, John, that Meg doesn't seem to be taking her job as a surgeon seriously?" said Dr Whatsit.

"I'm sorry. I don't follow" said John.

"She has missed an unacceptable number of work days because of Paul. If this illness of Paul's goes on for too long, Dr Which says she has no reservation whatsoever about firing Meg for being absent" said Dr Whatsit.

"I'm totally aware of that, but why fire her when she's being a doctor when Macca is ill?" said John.

"Dr Who and I have been looking at how many days off Meg has had and she has has way too many" said Dr Whatsit.

"Well, her friends are in Australia and she's preparing to go there with us if the world's most dangerous frog goes near the Cavern" said John.

"Hmm. That'll be acceptable if Paul gets better before that happens so she can come to work" said Dr Whatsit.

"Dr Whatsit, with Meg's help, Paul'll be great in no time. Then she can come to work. Until then, Macca needs her" said John hanging up the phone.

Great. Now we got three things to worry about.

A. Constance and Constantine after Paul

B. Paul's sick

C. Meg's bosses are unhappy with her attendance records.

What's coming up? What could it be?

One more click and we will see!

Peace and love,

Sammy