17.

Kevin and Evelyn sat by the edge of the hill and stared at the night view of the street. The wind was fresh but strong, rustling their hair in all direction.

"Why do you get into random fights instead of confronting it to your father about how you feel?" Evelyn asked, not glancing at him. Kevin regarded her question for a moment before letting out a deep sigh. 

"Only if he'll listen to me," Kevin let out a dry laugh. 

"Did you try to make him listen to you?" Evelyn asked and turned her gaze towards him. Kevin was taken aback by her question and thought inwardly. She let out a chuckled at him before turning her gaze back to staring at the night sky.

"You're a coward, Kevin," Evelyn said amusedly making him frowned deeper and looked at her. "You're afraid to talk back to your father, don't you?" She asked, throwing him a smirked. 

Kevin looked away from her and sighed deeply, "You're not making me feel any better, Evelyn. Don't make me regret tagging you along with me," He said unsmilingly but his tone was full of amusement.

"Well, I was just stating the fact," Evelyn muttered between her lips with an amused smile and glanced at him.

"Well, let me state the actual fact here, I hate my father and I don't care about what he says," Kevin told her in a bit of a cocky tone.

"If you didn't care about what your father tells you, you wouldn't go on rebelling into random fights," Evelyn pointed out and tilted her head at him. Kevin regarded her words for a moment before letting out an amused groaned. 

"What's your relationship with the new girl?" Kevin asked changing the topic.

"She's my nemesis," Evelyn answered in a bad-tempered before letting out a sigh.

"I see,"

*

Victoria pinned watchful eyes towards Brian and Aaleyah who were making their way towards the hostel sharing cute and adorable laughs as a couple does. The sight was such an eyesore for her to see. 

"Genesis, do you know who that girl is?" Victoria asked, her glaring eyes fixated at Aaleyah.

"That's Aaleyah Roger from the other section," Genesis answered, sparing a lazy glace towards them. "She is also Evelyn's roommate." She added with a motive smirked.

Victoria glanced at her and smirked devilishly, "One shot, two targets." 

*

Evelyn entered her classroom and like always, she ignored the girls. She glanced at the back and saw Adrian, Mark and Kevin already seated in their seats while the rest of them was yet to come. She made her way towards her seat but stopped at her track when Victoria spoke up from her seat. 

"I see you came back. I thought you ran away but glad that you came back, my life would have been boring without you." Victoria snickered sarcastically as she stood up from her seat and came face to face with Evelyn. Adrian, Mark and Kevin straightened in their position and watched them with careful eyes and was ready to barge in any moment if those girls do something to Evelyn. 

"It will be my pleasure to make your life exciting," Evelyn said cockily with a shrug. Then she drifted her gaze and glanced down at Genesis, Keisha and Sharon. "You three are most welcome to join. The more the merrier life will get," She mocked with a smirked.

"I'll make sure to make your life hell while you're in here," Genesis seethed, jerking up from her seat and dangerously, glared at her.

"Good luck," Evelyn jerked an eyebrow before turning away from them. Genesis huffed in annoyance and reached for Evelyn. She grabbed her shoulder and turned her roughly. Then she attempted to throw a hard punch on Evelyn's face but stopped midway when a large hand wrapped around her wrist.