Chapter 1

October 1st 1988: Layne's POV

" Hey Layne im gonna have my friend pick you up and take you to you doctors appointment if thats ok, we are really busy recording today." Taime said over the phone. " yea thats fine hope everything is going well with the album, see you when you get home." See ya then" ( Taime hangs up). You and taime have been friends for awhile close to two years you meet him november of 1986 when you had just gotten to L.A. from Missouri, you met at the whisky and you guys hit it off roght away and he invited you to stay at his place awhie which basically turned into you moving in and being bestfriends and roomates ever since. The reason you have a doctors appointment is because when you were 14 you broke your leg playing Football with your brother and had surgery on it then a couple weeks ago you went home to visit your parents and you were in an accident with your father and the truck flipped and your leg ended up pinned against the dash and it was broken again; so here you are 19 years old in a cast again and on crutches. since you had a couple hours till your doctors appointment you decided you were going to shower and paint some more of your room and put up your new posters. taking a shower is quite a challege when your in a cast but you were use to it and got that over with quick. omce you were done you got the step stool and some paint and put on a record while you began to paint, you put on L.A. Guns first album they were one of your favorite bands and you especailly liked the Bass player since you play bass as well plus he seemed like the coolest, chill, goofy person in the group and thats what you liked. Anyway while you were painting you heard a knock at the door and you yelled, " COME IN!" you were turned towards the wall painting and you heard a man say, " Hello, Are you Layne?" you turned around and saw a tall man with dark hair that covered most of his eyes and then it hit you. Oh my god its Kelly Nickels from L.A. Guns the bass player you had a huge crush on. Suddenly you were snapped out of your thoughts by him saying again " Hello?" He waves a hand in front of your face. " Hi, Umm Yes im Layne. you must be Taime's friend", you said sticking your hand out for a hand shake. " Yes im Kelly," he said taking your hand. "Nice to meet you." Kelly said, you just smiled like a goof and blushed. "Wow is that a painting you did" he said pointing to the canvas of my creepy Farm house that i had painted. " yes thats a farmhouse thats close to were I live in Missouri that i always found cool. I like creepy, scary, halloween stuff so i just decided to sit outside the house and paint it ." you said smiling. " "Thats really cool" he said as he kept looking around at your pictures you've taken or painted. "So what are you going to the doctor for today?" he asked looking back at you "A check up or are you getting the cast off today?" well im hoping to get my cast off since i've been in it for like 9 weeks and hopefully get a brace put on for 6 to 8 more weeks. cool he said lighting up a cigarette. "I guess we better get going if we wanna make it on time." "sounds good to me" kelly said helping me off the step stool and handing me my crutches. "Todays gonna be a good day." you thought to yourself as you watched Kelly walk slightly ahead of you as he looks back and smiles at you.