He's (Probably) drunk and confused

-Darryl-

Skeppy hadn't texted me all day. I tried to brush it off, but it physically hurt when we used to talk for hours on end.

He's probably busy.

Or dead..

Stop, I'm losing my mind.

I felt my phone vibrate in my hands as tears beaded at the corner of my eyes. It was increasingly becoming darker, the sky a mix of pink blue and yellow. Cirrus clouds lined the horizon as the sun began to show its last few golden rays. Cars occasionally darted back in forth in front of my window.

It made me sick.

I have a headache.

I leaned back in my chair, pushing me away from the desk with my feet and covering my face with my hands. I tugged lightly on my hair and tried to keep my composure.

Skeppy
help
bus
lost

You
Skeppy!?

Skeppy
please help
i cant see anything
nobody's here
i cant breathe

Skeppy has sent you his location.

I felt my eyes widen.

He's on a bus?

I threw on my jacket and scarf as quickly as I could, grabbing my phone and slamming the door.

Running with my phone in hand, I navigated where the bus would stop next. A few blocks away. I felt a small sense of relief wash over me but I forced myself to walk faster, pushing all my energy into my feet as they hit the ground.

Please, please.

The sigh of a bench hooded with a small blue roof caught my eye. I stood by it, leaning onto one of the poles planted into the ground.

I won't ask for an explanation, I just want him to be okay.

The doors opened and I walked in, looking around for the small boy. I dropped my phone when I saw the state he was in. Bruised and bloodied, his hair was a mess, his face red and sweaty. He was laying on the ground.

I picked him up and he gave me a groggy, weak smile. I plopped him onto the seat next to me. I hugged him but moved away quickly after.

I looked at everywhere but him, my eyes eventually leading to my phone on the ground. The screen was cracked, but the phone was still on, the only thing projecting was my lockscreen.

A picture of me and him.

A lump in my throat began to form as I tried to hold back my tears. Everything hurt.

This was breaking point.

I let out a shaky breath and held Skeppy close as the tears slowly trailed down my cheeks.

His eyes were softly closed and he had a solemn expression on his face.

"I'm sorry... I should've realized something was wrong.." I murmured letting go of him and bringing my legs up to my chest.

I let out another uneaven breath and closed my eyes looking up. I just wanted to leave. I just wanted him back home and safe.

He reeked of alcohol, but that wasn't what I cared about right now.

Who knows how long we're gonna be on this bus together.

I hooked onto his arm and sadly sighed, watching as nobody else borded the bus.