Dream

-Vincent-

I've offically done it.

I thought I'd get what I wanted.

This isn't what I expected to..

I didn't want to be forced to watch my friends mourn...

No..

No..

That's not what I wanted..

I didn't expect to go to heaven but..

I thought..

A glowing creature crawled out from the shadows, before flashing green and morphing himself into a humanoid figure. Up close, it looked like he was made of sand. He wore a crown, adorned with emeralds around it with a mask and a smiley face on it.

"Hello, Vincent."

"Oh.."

"You've offically done it."

"W-What?"

"Let me assume, you didn't want to watch your friends cry. You thought you would go straight to some jolly ol' good time, skipping and hopping around, not feeling anything. This isn't a way out, you still feel it. You have to grasp onto the concept and take control."

"Uhm- Kinda, I guess. Your.. Appearance is pretty ironic for me just commiting suicide.."

The figure threw off the mask, a annoyed look plastering his face.

Dirty brown hair, green eyes.

"And...?"

"Well, I guess if I close my eyes I can escape it. Does that mean I can talk to you? Mr.. Uh.."

He let out a small breathey chuckle.

"Really? Talk with me? You've come that low to talk to an afterlife overwatcher? Can't belive it."

I felt my hopes drop, now humiliated, ashamed, and embarrased.

"W-What..?"

"Please- Call me Dream. Stop with your gross talky get along shit, I'm here to make sure you know what you've done wrong. A guide figure, per say."

"So basically, a god?"

"Wha- No! I don't wanna be a god, I don't want praise! I just want validation and respect, nothing more nothing less. Perhaps just people to listen to me."

"I-I'd listen, Dream.."

"Really?"

"Mhm.."

I sat and faced the floating figure. He shook his head, sighing.

"Well, I guess I'll tell you what I am.."

"Cool.."

"Basically a guard. An overwatcher. Someone to make sure they edure the pain before they go to their destined area. Basically, purgatory."

"W-Why do I get purgatory for killing myself..?"

"It passes it onto someone else. Grief for grief."

"P-Please Mr. Dream, I'd do anything to get back and say I'm sorry- This isn't what I wanted to happen..."

He showed a pitiful smile.

"That's what they all say, that's what they're here for."

"P-Please, there has to be something you can do.."

"I am afraid not until we see what your friend does. I pick life and death here. He calls the ambulance, I can choose wether you live or die in that situation. Like a coma. Live or die. Seizure, live or die."