Damn.

-Zak-

"Alright. Here we go. School, again." I said ruffling my hair and flashing a fake smile as I looked at my tired self in the mirror.

"Ugh. Whatever."

I dropped my happy behviour and gripped onto my backpack straps. Something felt off today.

Bad was in the kitchen sitting on a stool. I felt so helpless when I looked at him. He had a look in his eyes. Nervous but cold.

"U-Uhm, let's go."

"Okay!" He said, trashing the expression he held before.

I grabbed his hand, lacing my fingers inbetween his. He squeezed my hand and I squeezed back.

We began to kick up gravel as we walked the hedged path to high school. Frost glazed the grass.

"Ugh, I hope we don't have to do more weird crap in Science."

"I know, that was definietly enough."

He giggled and squeezed my hand again.

"I hate school. Language arts is boring, history is boring. You're the only good part about school- Just leave lunch out of this."

"They are boring, but I don't know what I'd do without it. I'd turn into a jelly bean sitting and playing minecraft all day."

"Oddly specific."

"Well, kinda. Wait- What's you're favorite kind of jelly bean?"

"People sit there and think here let me focus on the flavor and not just shove like 17 into their mouth??"

"Well- Maybe! People are different."

"Oh- Wait. Ugh -14 braincells. People have allergies."

The brick walls of the nasty highschool began to peak over the untrimmed hedges.

"Ugh! Here already?! Come on, can't we just sit here and talk a little more?"

"No Skeppy, maybe this weekend or tonight."

"Awe.. Okay."

"Yes, okay. It's class time."

"It's settled. I'm coming over tonight."

"You say that like you haven't been coming over to my house for the past month. You practically live here now." He said, leading me into the opened school door.

I tried to stand still but he just kept pushing me
through the mostly empty hallway. Everyone was probably already in class by now due to our jelly bean discussion, but the bell rings at 8:10 so
we were okay.

He pushed open the door to math and dragged me to the seats.

"Okay, sit down."

"I don't wannaaaaaaa..."

"Skeppy. This is school, sit down."

"But..."

"Don't make a scene!"

"I don't wanna."

He grabbed my hand and threw me onto the seat.

"Hmph. Cheating."

"Well I'm happy to cheat if it means you don't get in trouble."

I looked at him, pretending to be bored as I fiddled with my hoodie sleeves. But all I was really thinking about was Darryl.

Math was boring, as always. I tapped my pencil on the side of the desk as I glared at the clock, meer seconds away from striking 9:30.

The rest of the day was normal, science, then lunch.