25

She knew that seeing Mavericksto her doom. Ibig sabihin lang nito ay lumiliit na ang mundong iniikutan nila. She knew that she had to be prepared but she didn't expect this. It's his son! The man I love is his son.

Hindi niya inakala na si Leo ang anak ng lalaki. She's getting mad at herself for not realizing it. His son was sickat that time and Leo was sick as well.

Leonardo Maverick, Mavericksto-

"Cat got your tongue?"

Her thoughts was cut off and she looked at Leandra with a stern look.

"Leandra, stop it. Don't make a scene," she heard the man said.

Leandra looked at them with raging eyes. "Scene? I wouldn't make one if I didn't see this lady," panduduro nito sa kaniya. "Masaya ka na ba? You almost took my husband away. Akala mo hindi kita makikilala? You and your family ruined ours. I knew what my husband was doing when he told me that he'll be on a vacation, he was going to England, right? He was going to you-"

"That's enough!"

Hinawakan siya ni Leo sa braso at itinago sa likod nito. "Mom, stop it. You don't know her!"

She heard his mother's scoff. "Me? 'You' don't know her. She was a helpless lady, I know. She lost her mother, I know. She have a wicked life-- I know everything! She dragged your father with her life that we almost lost him!"

"What the hell are you saying?!"

Parang dinudurog ang puso niyang nang marinig ang pagtaas ni Leo ng boses. She felt so bad that they were fighting because of her.

"All I'm saying is that you should break up with that shameless prick!"

Nakakaani na sila ng atensiyon ng marami kaya't napapikit siya nang mariin. It was supposed to be the happiest day for their family because it's their hospital's anniversary, but she ruined it.

"No!"

Napadilat siya sa boses nito. Ayaw siyang bitawan ni Leo.

"She will just ruin your life too! Dump that lady! I'm your mother so listen to me," giit ng ina nito.

Leandra's voice was desperate and that breaks her heart. She is breaking the old lady's heart again.

"Mom, I love her," giit ni Leo.

Narinig niya ang kalabog ng sahig kaya't napalingon siya sa harap. Her body frozen as she saw his mother on the floor while holding the hem of her son's clothes.

Agad itong dinaluhan ng asawa ngunit hindi ito nagpaawat.

"Listen to me, Leonardo Maverick. That lady is dangerous. I just want you to be safe. I know I have been a b*tch to all of your exes but this time, this is for real. This is not just because I don't like her in the first sight, I don't like her because I know her past. She'll do nothing good to you."

Her tears fell from her plead. Leandra knew her and she just said the right thing. Tama siya, I won't do good on her son. Disaster was on the loose and he was running after me. Masasaktan lang ang anak niya.

"Honey, stand up," Mavericksto begged. He then looked at her and his eyes were sad. Para itong nagpapahiwatig sa kaniya na siya na ang magpaubaya.

"Mom, please. Don't do this," pagsusumamo ni Leo.

She pursed her lips together and held Leo's hand. "I'm sorry," singhap niya at hinarap si Leandra.

She pulled her hand away from him and went lower to held his mother's hands. "Mrs. Cristosa, stand up. I'm so sorry for everything."