f o u r t e e n

14

My breathing hitched as I watched the two figures outside wrestle with each other. Were they..wolves? Before I could take a closer look they had already ran off, one chasing another.

I shook my head as if that could make what was outside, gone. You're completely losing it, Amelia. But the glass shards in front of me were real and the window was open-I could feel the cold wind quickly filling up the bathroom and I shivered.

Was Harry and Syrus out there? I had to go find out for myself.

"Are you okay in there, Amelia?" I heard my mom call out from the staircase as I ran to get my jacket.

"I'm fine. Don't let Rosie or Zack into the bathroom there's glass shards everywhere." I say as I quickly zip up my jacket getting ready to leave.

"Where are you going? It's too dark out there." My mom started to get up.

"I need to find Harry and my friend."

As I closed the front door I quickly circled around the other side of the house, scared out of my mind.

What if it wasn't what I thought I had saw? Was there someone out here that purposely broke our window and just pulled out Syrus and Harry by the collar? Nah. Don't get too ahead of yourself, Amelia.

By the time I circled around to where the broken window was, I peered around to find Syrus or Harry. "Harry!" I called out, cupping my hands around my mouth. "Syrus!"

I stood there, waiting for a response but didn't get a single sound back.

I started to panic. What if they had gotten kidnapped by the organization that Harry used to be apart of? Was Mr.Gotz apart of this? I grew more and more frantic with each passing second and decided to round the house one more time. There was no way they could've gotten far.

"Harry!" I yelled out loud again, still hopeful for some kind of response.

Suddenly out of nowhere as I came close to the corner of the back of the house again I could hear grunts and muffled cries.

"Why are you doing this to me?!" A familiar voice screamed out in a cry. My heart raced as I realized that the voice belonged to Harry.

My human instincts took over and I slowed down to peer out from the corner, scared of what I was going to see.

Syrus was standing above Harry who had his back on the grass-his hand was balled up and raised. Both of them were naked with only their boxers in sight.

"Stop it!" I cried out before Syrus could throw his punch. He turned around abruptly and I almost wanted to back away when I saw his heated face but ran up to Harry instead.

Kneeling down beside him, I could see blood running down from one side of his head and a bleeding cut underneath his lip that I couldn't see from far away. He let out a soft painful whimper and I could feel my heart physically shatter in a million pieces.

I started to grow angry and whipped my head around to face Syrus who still had on the same angry expression. "What's your problem?!"

His eyes filled with venom and jabbed a finger at Harry. "He's the problem!" Before I could even react he gripped Harry by the arm and flung him down on the other side-earning a painful cry from the fallen figure.

"Stop!" I ran over to hold back Syrus's arm but he just shoved me off. My cries started to get more desperate and I could feel hot tears running down my face as I watched Harry grunt in pain. "Why are you doing this?!"