s i x t e e n

16

"Take her back in the holding room."

What? I thought they were going to let me go.

Two men came charging forward to drag me back into the white cell despite my kicking and cries of protest.

"Let me go!" I cried out, trying to pull free.

Mr.Edison gestured to another man that was close by that brought a large duffel bag towards him.

"You will change into these." He brought out a grey t-shirt and matching sweatpants. "We will assign you a number once we've logged you into the system."

My eyes widened as my thoughts flashed to the memories of when I saw Harry's number on the nape of his neck.

I continued to trash around despite their heavy grips on my arms. "You said you would let me go if Harry did his part!"

He just smirked and threw the assigned clothes on the floor beside me. "He's a naive and thoughtless little boy, it was too easy."

My heart dropped as I realized whatever Harry was about to do, was going to be done in vain. I suddenly grew angry as I thought about myself being locked up as Rosie and Zack were at home-completely clueless.

"You're a vile old man!" I countered back with my teeth gritted together. The old man in the lab coat didn't seem to falter at my words; but instead seemed to rather bask in the glory of them.

"I'll be sure to keep that in mind." He readjusted his coat and motioned for the rest of the lab coat minions to depart along with him. The men who held me back briefly let go, and followed along with them.

"Let me out!" I screamed. The door in front of me automatically slammed shut before I could make my escape. I felt my knees go weak as I dropped down to the floor; feeling completely drained both physically and emotionally.

Where were they taking Harry? No one at home even knows I'm here.

There was no point in screaming and kicking. The only thing that I would get from that would be a hoarse voice and sore legs.

I could hear the footsteps getting lighter and lighter. Within seconds, I couldn't hear a single scuffle. My mind was at the point of silent decomposing. All my thoughts inside my head seemed to slowly crumble into tiny microscopic pieces. I felt too exhausted and drained to even think of an escape plan.

I slowly turned my head around towards the heap of clothing that was on the ground. Slowly dragging myself over, I cautiously pinched the ends of the grey shirt that lay in a tangled mess in the ground. My fingers lingered over the thin material; tracing each thread carefully. My eyes were barely even focusing anymore, grazing over.

Something inside of me snapped, causing my fingers to freeze.

It was all my fault this happened. It was my fault Harry was in this much pain. Tears slipped down my face as I clutched the shirt against my chest. The more I tried to wipe away the tears, more kept on spilling out.

It was your fault, Amelia. You did this to him. Why are you so useless and pathetic?

The more I repeated these things in my head, the more I began to believe them. It was to the point where I hadn't even realized that I was clutching onto the shirt so tight, my knuckles turned white.

I didn't know how much time had elapsed as I sat there, completely clueless. Withering away in my own thoughts and misery. My thoughts seemed to plaque my mind with horrifying images. I would be lucky to make it out of here alive.