e l e v e n

11

By the time lunch had rolled around, I was swamped with a test, 2 quizzes and a crap ton of homework. My back absolutely killed as I lugged around my backpack full of new textbooks I had just received from all the teachers. I had to go to the office to ask for my locker combination and was having trouble finding it so I ended up asking a girl I recognized from my anthropology class.

"Excuse me!" I called out after her as she stopped in her path and swiftly turned around to face me.

She stared at me with curiosity as she gripped onto what seemed like a yellow kate spade tote.

"Sorry for bothering, but could you show me where the 300's lockers are at? I'm new." I sheepishly asked.

The girl wasted no time in telling me where to go, her arms pointing in the right direction before extending her right hand out towards me with a giant grin.

"I'm Lily!" She introduced herself as we shook hands.

"Amelia."

"It was nice meeting you, I'll see you tomorrow in anthropology!" Lily waved goodbye and flashed another smile before leaving me to my own accord.

Alright, now to find my locker. I furrowed my brows together in concentration and bit my lip. I had to make sure I got to the library on time. It was already 11:40 and I needed to check up on Harry. And also get my history notes from Syrus.

I stopped dead in my tracks as I realized Syrus hadn't told me where to meet him. He had only given me the time as to when to meet him. There were so many possibilities as to where he could be- in the cafeteria, outside, or in the library. That meant I had to check up on all those places before 11:50. I'm very fussy about being on time and I hate waiting for others when there's a set time.

But first of all, let's just find my locker and worry about those things later.

-

After 5 minutes, I had successfully found my locker and stuffed my books inside. Now came the hard part. Finding Syrus.

But before I began my search, I decided to check up on Harry. Thankfully I found the library on my own, after exiting the school and going through the public entrance which probably wasn't the fastest way, but the only way I knew of.

Right as I pushed past the heavy front doors I immediately spotted Harry sitting in one of the study tables-with a cluster of books surrounding him. He seemed deep in concentration as I walked up to his table.

"Whatcha reading there?" I plopped down in the wooden chair in front of him and let out an exhausting sigh.

Harry noticed my presence and immediately lit up, he quickly shoved the book cover in my face. Almost seeming delighted that I took interest in what he was reading. He held it so close up I couldn't see it properly, so I had to take it from him and read it myself.