f i f t e e n

15

"I'm really losing my mind.." I mumbled, shaking. "This is just a dream." Not much longer after I had said that, the speckled grey wolf's hind legs gave out and it fell to his side.

I crept away from the creature, feeling completely disgusted. "Harry! Come back!" My voice became hoarse and I could feel the colour draining from my face. I didn't allow myself to believe the unbelievable. That wolf wasn't Harry, things like that do not happen. Werewolves do not exist. Turning myself away from the wolf that was lying on the grass-I tried to find any other signs that he was nearby. "Harry!"

How could he have possibly hide away from plain sight so fast?

Syrus grabbed the fallen wolf by the tail, earning a soft whimper from the injured animal. "He's right here, don't waste your time looking for him."

I walked right up to Syrus and jabbed him directly in the chest, paying no attention to the wolf beside him. "This joke you're playing isn't funny!" I huffed. "Where did you hide him?!"

Syrus pulled up the wolf as if he weighed almost nothing and pushed back a tuff of fur that was close to the back of his head. "His name is imprinted right on his fur." He pointed to the two small inked digits. "Whatever form he's in, the number always stay."

35.

The same number that Mr.Gotz had showed me behind Harry's neck.

"This doesn't prove anything." I respond, not wanting to believe it. "I'm becoming hysterical!" I cry out, clutching my head and kneeling to the ground.

I'm going to wake up soon. I know it. This was all just a dream because of what's been happening lately. When I wake up, everything will be gone. Syrus won't be like this. Harry will be right beside me, completely safe.

"Agh!" Syrus yelled out. I heard a thud behind me as I rocked myself back and fourth. I could hear the sound someone running away, but I couldn't care less. All I cared about was Harry, and where he was.

"Fuck! I lost that little son of a bitch!" Syrus cussed and kicked the ground, his face contorted with anger.

"This is not real.." I continued to mumble to myself. "I'm going to wake up soon.."

"This is as real as it will ever get!" Syrus growled behind me. "How the hell am I going to face Dr.Edison?!"

"Shut up! Shut up!" I yelled, hugging myself. "You're just a dream!" The cold wind continued to furiously blow around me but I still held my eyes shut.

Syrus didn't say anything, but I could hear the sound of running footsteps. I didn't dare turn around to see if it was of a human's or animal's.

Get a grip, Amelia. You're going to wake up soon. You'll be right beside Harry when you do, and you're going to see his curly hair and soft green eyes. This isn't real, remember that.

"But this is real.." I could feel tears return to my eyes. "Harry isn't human." I muttered to myself.

I had probably been out there for a good 5 minutes until my mom came out-seeing me on the ground completely frozen with disbelief.

"Amelia, what are you doing out here still?" My mom gasped and quickly tugged me up. "You're going to die from the cold if you keep sitting there!"

"Harry.." I muttered, barely audible. My eyes were unfocused and I could feel a headache coming on.

"Where is Harry?" I could hear my mom ask me as if I knew. For the first time, my mom has acknowledged him-and not in a crude way.

She began to guide me back to the house, as I couldn't move on my own. "I don't know.." I breathed, my whole body ached and I could feel all of my senses slip away.