1

I'm just gonna get into it.

**

The grip of his fingers around the striker loosened as he struck the last chord. Had he released a loud sigh of relief when the room filled with sound of applause. Lifting his head up he grinned shyly as his gaze swept over the unfamiliar faces in front of him.

His gaze fell upon his best friend who clapped and smiled at him proudly. His grin turned into a wide smile at the familiar face of the smaller boy.

He stood up hastily, walking off the small stage with his guitar in his hands.

His performance was the last one and he could see people exiting the music store. He was busy closing the guitar case when someone threw their hand over his shoulder slightly surprising him.

"Woah. How did you get so tall? Are you wearing insoles?" He asked faking a suprised face looking down at his hyung.

"Brat! Don't be disrespectful. I am older than you" the blond shoved him playfully with an upset face, for which the brunette snickered.

Suddenly he grabbed the older's shoulder turning him to face him, excitedly.

"Hyung, how was it? Did I mess up?"

The older sighed annoyed. "Yeah Jungkook, it was really bad. Your voice broke and your pitch was off"

Seeing the look of disapproval on his hyung's face his heart broke, his smile turning into a frown.

Seeing the younger's face off the blond threw his hands over his shoulder again with a smile.

"Do you really think that's possible? You did amazing like any other time, well better than any other time."

Relief flashed across the brunette's face. "Don't play with me like that hyung. It's not funny " he pouted.

"You ask me the same question all the time. My answer has always been the same. Believe in yourself Jungkook. You are doing really great". He patted his shoulder.

Returning the smile the younger said. "Thanks, Yoongi hyung".

Jungkook took the guitar case ready to leave. "I am gonna miss this place so much, Yoongi hyung" he sighed sadly.

"What? It's not like you are not gonna come back" Yoongi sounded confused.

"Well it is" Jungkook started walking with the older following him.
"What? You are not gonna come back?"
"No. You know how much busy I get with classes. I could barely visit here last year. I haven't performed since college started. And now we are in 2nd year. I don't think I can do this anymore." They exited the Music Co together.
"Oh. But you loved this place."

"I do. I will try to see if I can come.
The place changed so much. Did you notice?"
"Of course. They renovated the place. It's bigger now." Yoongi smiled at the memories of him visiting Jungkook for evey performance.

They had reached  Yoongi's car. Yoongi had  to drive while Jungkook could just walk a little to get home.

"Ok. Bye then." The younger waved.
"I will drop you. Get in"
"No it's fine. I'll just walk. It's really late. You better hurry." The younger said with a smile. " Thank you hyung for coming. I'll call you tomorrow"
He waved and walked away leaving the older smiling at him fondly.

"What? You are moving to the university dorm? How come you didn't tell me? You don't tell me anything nowadays" the shorter male was really upset.

"Hyung. I was going to tell you. But you always sidetracked me. I planned on telling you this for the past few days. I just decided to move this week. Don't be upset" he was feeling really bad about forgetting to tell him. He was packing his stuff keeping then away in boxes while Yoongi watched him.

"Are you gonna tell me the reason now or what?" He glared at the younger with arms crossed leaning against the door frame.

"Stop being grumpy grandpa." The younger poked him playfully by which the blond found it harder not to smile. "You know how far it is from here to uni and it's 2nd year, so there are gonna be late classes so I decided that staying at dorm could save a lot of time."

"Couldn't you just let me sleep for 10 more minutes?" Yoongi whined sheepishly, eyes almost closed.

"You mean 1 more hour. You should know it's really hard to wake you up from your slumber" Jungkook pulled out boxes he had packed from the car, holding it for the latter to hold. He took it in his hands and started weight lifting with it to activate himself more. "Sometimes I think you are a descendant of Hypnos"

"Hypnos? Is that like a brother of Thanos? Wah! I feel offended. Do I look like a psycho alien to you?"

"Really hyung? Hypnos is like the Greek god of sleep" the younger smirked at the other's stupidity.

"There is god for sleep? Wow! Now that's what a job should be like. You are a god and all you got to do is sleep" the younger laughed as both walked through the corridor of the dorm he was about to move into, with the boxes in their hands.

"Yah! Did you get the key from the front desk? Don't tell me I have to walk all the way back down there" Yoongi furrowed his eyebrows at his friend.

"Don't worry I've got it. And don't be overdramatic hyung. This is just the second floor." Jungkook kept the boxes down to grab the key from his pocket as they waited in front of his room.

The door unlocked and pushed it open, picking the boxes back .
"Overdramatic? This is a great amount of exercise compared to my daily ones."

One side of the room was empty. While one side didn't have any posters on the walls and the desk was empty of books, the other side seemed more lively with some posters on the wall, with a clean bedsheet and books neatly arranged on the desk.

"Did you meet your roommate?" Yoongi asked as he kept the boxes on the dusty bed.
"No. Since the semester starts only day after tomorrow, most of them are probably at their house".

They started unpacking. The dorm had a single big room with two beds, desks and closets, a bathroom and a small kitchen.

Yoongi abruptly stopped taking the books from one of the boxes and asked ." Does...what was her name?.. ah yes! Rose knows you're moving?"

I don't mean blackpink rose. If you want to imagine her like her its fine.

"I don't think so. I didn't think it was necessary to tell her." The younger shrugged his shoulders carelessly.

"Not necessary? She's your girlfriend"

"What? we broke up weeks ago you knew that, didn't you?...." Jungkook suddenly realised what he had done and smiled awkwardly "....or maybe you didn't"

"You know what screw you. I'm outta here" Yoongi dramatically tried to leave.

"Yoongi hyung! Please I'm sorry. You never ask about her and I forgot to tell you about it." He pulled Yoongi's hand and clung to him, trying to make him smile. And it did work when Yoongi grabbed the books back with a smile.

***
I have wanted to do a jikook au for a long time and I finally did it.
I just hope I don't discontinue this one.
I know I'm not much of a writer but still please don't steal my work.
I haven't even showed this much interest even in my studies

Please like and comment that would help me a lot.

Thank you so much for reading.