15

Jungkook had tried to resist talking to Jimin about it. He had avoided conversations fearing he would jump on Taemin's topic.

But he couldn't hold it in any longer.

"Heard that Taemin hyung confessed." He spoke through clenched jaws.

"What?" Jimin was taken off-guard by the question. "How did you know?"

"I heard you talking to Hobi hyung."

"Well.. he did." Jimin said looking away.

"And you were so obsessed with defending him he liked you only as a friend." He snorted.

"I thought he did. I didn't knew about it till he told me today."

"You judge people the wrong way."

"Excuse me? The problem is with my way of judging?" He scoffed in disbelief.

"You should have stayed away from him." Jungkook stated not answering the question.

"Why should I stay away from him? All he did was confess his feelings."

Jungkook's mind screamed at him to be quiet. He knew there was no point in his side of this argument, but he kept on talking.

He wanted Jimin to know that he cared about him, but what came out of his mouth was not exactly what he intended.
"You are too innocent for this world."

"I'm 21. I'm no kid and know this world well enough." Jimin was getting really pissed at the younger's behaviour. "What is it to you? Why does this bother you so much? What am I to you?"

He had no answer to it and it made him outrageous. The confusing thoughts poured back into his mind and he was getting frustrated. He jumped up from his chair, took his phone and dashed out of the room.

"It's late. Where are you going?" Jimin asked rushing to stop him.

"None of your business". He muttered harshly and closed the door on Jimin's face.

He walked through the streets aimlessly hugging himself to keep out the cold.

If I had a girlfriend or even if I liked some girl things won't be as complicated as this. He thought.

But  why don't I find girls attractive anymore. Maybe if she was here things could have gone back to normal.

He knew he had some kind of feeling for Jimin but couldn't figure out what. He wanted to talk to someone but it was late at night and he didn't wanted to bother anyone.

He got a number of calls from Jimin but he didn't answer. He was not ready. He felt ashamed of the things he just said.

"Why am I acting like a child?" He groaned as he settled down on a bench in the sidewalk.

He thanked God he was wearing his sweatpants instead of his shorts 'cause it was really cold as it is freaking December.

Hardly had a few minutes passed when he heard footsteps towards him. He lifted his head to look in the direction. Even from the distance he could tell the small figure belonged to Jimin. Jungkook stood up thinking of running away when Jimin warned.

"Don't you dare run away."

Jungkook remained turned away from the approaching elder. Jimin waited behind him hoping he would turn to look at him and when he didn't Jimin walked around to face him.

"I'm sorry." He said looking down but Jimin interrupted him.

"No I'm sorry".

"Why are you saying sorry?" He was confused as he looked at Jimin.

"I get you only thought about what's good for me. I should have understood. But I got so pissed and mad thinking you were controlling me. I'm sorry." Jimin said looking straight in his eyes.

"You have nothing to be sorry about. You can be mad as long as you want. I know I sounded controlling but I.. don't know why. I don't know why I started acting like that and I know I was harsh. I'm sorry." He said dropping his eyes to the ground again and stuffed his hands in his pocket.

"It's okay. I'm not mad anymore. I understand you care for me as my friend." Jimin though saying it didn't like addressing him as a friend and nor did Jungkook. He wondered why it felt so hurt to be called a friend.

"I'm sorry.. again". He apologized once again.

"Quit apologising. Can we go back now. It's cold out here." Jimin complaint. He noticed Jimin was shivering as he rubbed his hands together.

"I'm sorry. I ran away like that and made you come look for me." He took his hands from the pocket and took Jimin's hands in them. They felt ice cold and he shivered at the contact.
"Come on, let's go" he pulled at Jimin's hands.

***

I don't remember what I had in mind for the ending. 😭😭

I guess I am gonna just go with the flow. Who knows maybe I'll remember it when I reach the end.

Anyway there goes another chapter.

It was supposed to be a bit more longer but I decided to save it for the next chapter because it's already this long and I'm super lazy.

I want to thank all those who support this book. I really appreciate it.

Thank you for reading 💟💟

.
.
.