Chapter 13- Battle for Victory

Sly's POV

Watching all of Jess and Shelby's cousins and stepsister arrive was a miracle on our behalf. We had been given 7 more people to fight with us against Loki and Silas. Something's not right with Shelby though. Her eyes are black, and her voice is slightly distorted.

I look down at Jess and Lake. Jess has a weak smile on her face as she saw her family arriving to help. Lake was clapping her hands in an excited manner. I smile too. "I'm going to go join them, Lake, stay here with Jess, okay?" I say.

Lake nods. I lay Jess against the trunk of the tree with Lake next to her.

I give Jess a quick kiss before standing up, dusting myself off before going and helping The Few to their feet again. Kala tells Lily to sit with Lake and Jess, not wanting her to get hurt.

All of us go and join Jess and Shelby's family, holding our weapons out and getting ready to continue the battle.

Shelby teleports to us, and I get a good look at her. Her eyes were solid black, and she had vampire teeth.

Nightstar immediately seemed to notice what was going on. "S-Shelby!? You didn't..." she says in shock.

Shelby blinks and her eyes are back to normal. "I made a deal with her, I'll explain later" Shelby speaks before blinking again, and her eyes are black again.

What is going on?

We all glared at Loki and Silas. "We meet again Uncle" Pearl starts, tapping her fingers against her staff.

"Well, well" Loki begins, "My other niece has come to join the battle" he smirks.

"Not just me, all of Jess and Shelby's cousins" Pearl smirks in response.

"We may not be completely blood related to Jess and Shelby, but we are cousins at heart" Scarlet speaks.

It's true. Max, Ross, Scarlet, Hallie and Quig are technically not Jess and Shelby's cousins, as they are the nieces and nephews of Jess and Shelby's step mother, Starfire, but since Starfire gave birth to Jess and Shelby, they did end up getting a tiny amount of Starfire's DNA, it's a long story that I'm sure Jess would rather explain than me.

Long story short, Pearl and Silas are Jess and Shelby's only biological cousins.

"You really think you can defeat us?" Silas questions with a scoff, "Please, The Few couldn't defeat us. Why do you think that you coming to join the fight will increase their chance of winning?" he smirks.

"Don't speak 'play with fire', you might get burned" Max smirks before transforming into his Fire God form.

One by one, Jess's cousins, and Nightstar, all transformed into their battle forms.

Pearl, Goddess of Darkness.

Scarlet, Goddess of Stars.

Ross, God of Water.

Max, God of Fire.

Hallie, Goddess of Ice.

Quig, God of Seasons.

Nightstar, Goddess of Nature.

Even Shelby transformed, but her form was different. Possibly because of this strange appearance she has taken on.

But either way...

Shelby, Goddess of Light.

Silas and Loki scowled. Silas transformed into his battle form too. The God of Chaos.

Loki didn't do anything, he just held up his staff. He was the God of Mischief every day, there was no way around it.

"Very well, let us begin" Loki smirks before throwing a large ball of lightning at us. All of us dodged by either teleporting, flying up, or weaving out of the way.