Chapter 3-Her Dreams of Freedom

"Everything is going to be alright,there's no need to worry."Fumiko told herself,not sure if she actually believed what she was saying.She looked at the entrance of the mall from the escalator she was riding on.Fumiko was glad she took a moment of solitude to get away from her siblings,so she calm down without being embarrassed in front of them.Or even worse,making them become more worried about her than they already were.

Charlotte was only a ways behind her and decided to go with Fumiko as she looked for her perfect homecoming dress.Charlotte let Christopher and Naozumi go tuxedo shopping by themselves since Christopher was old enough to accompany his younger brother alone without her adult supervision.Fumiko tried to calm the anxiety raging in her mind as best as she could and focus on all the exciting or upcoming events in her life right now.

There was the Homecoming Dance,Christopher's Birthday,Aiyana's Birthday,and Halloween all within the month of October.Halloween was one of Fumiko's favorite holidays,the other one being Christmas.Her reasons for loving Halloween and Christmas were different,but each reason fulfilled a specific need she had.

Fumiko always felt a special connection towards Halloween,partially due to her heritage.She is a half-demon and possesses many abilities that most demons can utilize easily.The other reason was that Halloween was the one day a year she didn't feel like a societal pariah among other people.Not many people knew she was half-demon,but with the huge stigma around demons or anything considered unholy...Fumiko wanted to keep it that way.

She didn't even want to know how other people would treat her if they found out,especially those who were devoutly religious.Fumiko harbored the same feelings about being a lesbian,she wasn't ashamed to be one by any means...but she understood why it would be best if other people didn't know.It could be and was very upsetting to her at times,but that seemed better than ostracized by society.

Fumiko has the ability to teleport from short or long distances,possess anyone at will,enter and communicate in anyone's dreams,and sedate multiple people at a time through eye contact or touch at will.Fumiko can also create and open portals to other worlds or dimensions,but she isn't fully experienced with this particular ability of hers.However,those weren't all of her demon abilities...but merely a summary of her most powerful abilities.

She was very grateful to have such powerful and useful abilities that come in handy over the years.Her and Naozumi were both half-demon,but they possessed a different,unique set of powers that they inherited from their mother's side of the family.Fumiko knew her mother would be proud of her and her twin brother once she seen how far they've come in mastering their abilities.

She hopped off the elevator and entered one of the boutiques on the top floor of the mall known for their pageant gowns & floor length ball gowns.Fumiko noticed a few ball gowns that caught her eye,but one was more beautiful than any of of the other options she noticed.

It was a pure white,wedding dress look-alike with shimmery,white sequins forming the top half of the dress.The straps were classy and elegant,making the dress look even more alluring to Fumiko.She no longer wanted a dark turquoise or midnight blue ball gown for the homecoming dance,she wanted this dress and her heart was now set on this dress.

On the plus side with extra bonus points for authenticity and symbolism,Fumiko could represent the moon if she got this dress and it would be more logical to wear a moon colored dress than a dark sky colored dress after all.The white dress would also match and compliment her silver pearl hair,making it look like an actual moon accessory rather just a cute hair clip.

With everything she just realized in mind,Fumiko took the dress and went into the dressing room.She removed her plum purple sweater and lavender tank top,only wearing a black training bra with a pink bow in the middle.Fumiko slipped off her grey ankle boots and pulled off her plum purple high knee socks right after.Lastly,she unzipped her black leather skirt and pulled it off as she put it into a pile on the dressing room seat with the rest of her clothes.

She put on the white wedding dress look-alike,worming her way through the bottom half of the dress.Fumiko looked at her self in the mirror before turning around to zip herself up.Before she could turn back around to admire herself in the dress,Fumiko heard a knock on the dressing room door.

"This room is occupied."Fumiko said,trying to be as polite as possible. "Fumiko,it's me....open the door."Charlotte replied,letting Fumiko know that it was her and nobody else."I want to see how pretty you look in your dress!"Charlotte exclaimed,wondering what dress her younger sister picked for the homecoming dance.Fumiko opened the door upon Charlotte's request,relieved it wasn't a stranger.

Charlotte took a few steps back once she realized that Fumiko was coming out of the dressing room."Awww,you look so beautiful in that dress,Fumiko!"Charlotte exclaimed,this time in awe of how graceful and elegant her sister looked.

"Thank you,Charlotte...I knew this dress was going to be special the moment I saw it."Fumiko responded,smiling while simultaneously looking at the dress.

"Whichever boy you're going to the homecoming dance with should be so lucky!"Charlotte remarked,complimenting her sister. "You could have any boy you want,but there's only one who gets to go with you!"Charlotte continued,happy for her sister and the lucky "boy" she's going to the homecoming dance with.

Fumiko was internally panicking.How could she not when she hasn't come out to anyone yet? She didn't know what to do or what to say,but she know she had to respond.Fumiko knew she could trust Charlotte if she did come out to her,but she felt incredibly embarrassed.She didn't want to just come out so unexpectedly,but maybe it wouldn't be so nerve-wracking if she just disclosed her sexuality now.There was probably never going to be a "right time" to come out because she would always be nervous.

But,she won't always rejected or outcasted like she assumed she would be.Fumiko knew there would always someone who would love her just the way she is.No trying to fix her or hide the real her from the rest of world out of shame or embarrassment.Fumiko was finally ready to find that unconditional love.The love she deserved to feel since she was born.

Fumiko gathered up all the courage and bravery in her heart.She wanted to come out of the closet.Maybe not to everyone in her personal life just yet,but someone in her personal life who loves her nonetheless."Everything is going to be alright,I was going to have to tell someone sooner or later."Fumiko thought,taking a deep breath.

"I'm not going to ask a boy to the homecoming dance,I plan on asking a girl I like because I'm a lesbian." Fumiko explained,keeping her composure better than she thought she would.

She didn't know how Charlotte would react yet,but at least she was finally out of the closet someone who was close to her.Fumiko felt a weight being lifted off her shoulders and less anxiety in her heart,finally getting one step closer to her dreams of freedom.