Chapter 9-Her Innermost Desires

"Wow,that was so beautiful! This is absolutely amazing,Fumiko!"Aiyana exclaimed in awe,looking the poem on the poster she just read written by Fumiko for her.She still couldn't believe Fumiko would do all of this for her or even thought about doing all of this for her in the first place.Especially knowing that Fumiko isn't a big fan of romantic gestures,whether it be planning them or having them thrown for her.

Aiyana understood that Fumiko was a more pragmatic person than she was romantic person and never really understood the appeal of a lot of romantic things.Fumiko liked small,subtle acts of affection from her friends and family,but that never surprised Aiyana too much given Fumiko's personality.She has always been a reserved,introverted,and low-key person unless she is hanging with her friends or she is very perturbed about something.

While thinking about how and why Fumiko's homecoming proposal shocked her,Aiyana realized she made an assumption about the context of Fumiko's homecoming proposal.A assumption that could really blur the lines between their relationship with each other.

"Maybe I shouldn't have assumed this was necessarily a romantic gesture,she could've meant the word "date" platonically."Aiyana thought to herself,not understanding the context or intent on Fumiko's part.Aiyana decided she shouldn't think too hard about it because at the end of the day,she was going to be hanging with her best friend doing something they both want to do together more than anything.Just the two of them alone together,a dream come true if you asked her.

"Eh,it doesn't really matter...I still want to go to the homecoming dance with her."Aiyana said to herself,closing her eyes and shrugging her shoulders.Content or no context,it's not like Aiyana would regret anything hanging out with her best friend.Besides,Aiyana was comfortable with her sexuality...she didn't need anyone telling how to feel about it.

Straight,Lesbian,Bisexual...only she could define who she was and Aiyana was vindicated knowing she had that freedom.

Aiyana turned to face Fumiko again after getting lost in her thoughts,wanting regain her focus.She wanted to tell Fumiko how she felt about everything she did just to ask her to the homecoming dance.Aiyana knew what she wanted to say,but she felt a little weird saying it aloud.She didn't want Fumiko to think she was weird or overly eager about all of this,if that was even possible in this situation.

Nevertheless,she was going to say it anyways and just hope for the best.

"You're amazing...you know that?"Aiyana said,looking at Fumiko with her softened eyes.Aiyana felt her heart beat out of nervousness and she started to regret what she had said.She waited a few seconds for Fumiko's response,but her anxiety made the time feel longer.

Fumiko's eyes widened a bit and she blushed,her cheeks turning a shade of bubblegum pink.She felt all warm and tingly inside,which felt very nice yet unknown to her.Fumiko smiled softly and a small "hmm" sound,forming a verbal response in her head before doing anything else.

"You are amazing,Aiyana."Fumiko responded,smiling softly at Aiyana and giving Aiyana's thigh a small squeeze.Fumiko quickly removed her hand from Aiyana's thigh and placed it in her lap,worried she had gotten too engrossed in the moment.She wanted to apologize,but she thought that make things very awkward.

Aiyana was shocked,but she wasn't upset and she definitely wasn't weirded out by Fumiko's touch.Whatever it meant,she wanted Fumiko to know it was okay and maybe that was meant to happen.Aiyana placed her hand over Fumiko's hand and gave it a slight squeeze,gesturing that she didn't mind what had just happened.

In fact,Aiyana actually liked it because Fumiko was rarely physically affectionate with her.Unless,Aiyana initiated affectionate gestures like hugging or other simple touches.