m

melody sits on the rustic wooden bench near the canteen as she waits for the mystery boy to come back

melody sits on the rustic wooden bench near the canteen as she waits for the mystery boy to come back. after replaying the encounter in her head, she realizes that the boy's appearance matches olivia's description exactly. approximately a bit taller than olivia, cute cheeks. not to mention, round eyes, fluffy hair, toned arms-

not that she was checking him out or anything. it isn't like that at all.

okay, maybe it was a little bit like that. but that's not the point! the point is that she is new and she's glad that the head counselor is willing to assist her in learning the ropes.

"hey," a voice jolts her out of her internal monologue. she looks up to find said counselor, patting his hands on the back of his shorts before extending one out to her. "sorry for taking a while. i hope you weren't waiting too long. ready to go?"

melody obliges, placing her hand in his and getting up. she teases, "oh, it was only an eternity."

geonu fakes a gasp, throwing a hand to his chest before giving her a genuine smile. "how about i make it up to you with a quality orientation of our camp?"

melody throws her hands up in surrender, but her eyes are beaming. "only if you insist."

and so geonu shows her around the camp: the cabins, athletic fields and playground, aquatic area, the classrooms and the dining hall, explaining the importance of each area and the responsibilities that counselors have to undertake as the campers utilize them.

geonu was glad that she'd been here before, at least she showed a tiny bit of familiarity with the place. he'd been here for years and known every camper and counselor but he just couldn't seem to figure out who she was. maybe she'd attended for a short period of time before he became a regular camper.

"i'm guessing you saved the best for last?" melody says walking ahead to main area of the campgrounds, situated at the center of the establishment.

"just for the best." he comments, attempting to be smug. however, that aura fades away quickly when he asks, "how's this going so far?"

melody turns to look at the boy, "the tour or the flirting?"

a hopeful expression crosses over the boy's face, as the sides of his lips are pulled upwards. "both?"

"i'd say you're doing pretty well." she answers, a genuine chuckle falling from her lips.

she takes a seat at the bench, and geonu takes a seat at the one next to her so he can see her as they converse. "there's not much to say about this place. we've nicknamed it 'the pit' but i don't really know why. we have the nightly campfires here with occasional movie nights, performances and a ton of games. it's a lot of fun!" geonu chirps, excitement radiating from his words. melody nods in understanding.

then, a silence settles over the two as the form the right words to continue the conversation. geonu looks at the girl shyly, and when she turns her head to him, he quickly looks away, finding the tough brown dirt quite interesting.

there was something on melody's mind that she had been meaning to ask. she didn't know if it was right to ask, but she had an innate feeling that she'd go mad with curiosity if she didn't.

"hey, this might be kind of random but what's your last name?"