r

╒══════════════════╕

in the following days...

╘══════════════════╛

the next few days passed by in a blur for our protagonists: teaching class after class, conducting various cabin competitions—melody had forgotten how viciously competitive younger kids and pre-teens are—and spending time in the orange light of the campfires each night.

after the time spent together watching the cabins on that night, geonu's and melody's friendship had definitely become something more. they were just too hesitant to act upon it.

at this point, the entire camp was aware of their silent story. the '05s + daniel (ni-ki swears he didn't agree to the name, but nina and dahyun like daniel too much to say no, so he has to roll with it) try not to get too excited when they see their camp counselors so clearly into each other, it's like a romcom right in front of their eyes! sometimes though, when they want to skip through all the waiting and fast forward to the end, they'd try to drop subtle hints that would nudge the two closer to acting on their ever-so-obvious feelings.

the minis would just giggle in amusement every time geonu poked fun at melody, resulting in the girl chasing after him the way elmer fudd would pursue bugs bunny. the staff members serving food in the dining hall would coo as the two would walk into the room, making predictions about whether they would sit next to each other for the meal or not, immediately hiding all the romantic gossip in their hairnets when campers began to approach them for seconds.

the rest of the '01 counselors had seen their relationship bloom from the first day of flirting until now. as much as they support it (olivia would never admit to partaking in anything romance-related, however), they can't stand the overthinking both parties do. if olivia has to hear about how handsome the head counselor looks while helping kids rock climb one more time from melody, she might just have hitomi give her a burnt marshmallow on purpose. beomgyu and jeongin have been counting how many times geonu makes up an excuse or task to talk to the arts and crafts counselor; and between the two of them, they're starting to run out of fingers to count on.

geonu and melody, oblivious to everyone's wishes, live in their own world, slowly building up the courage to come face to face with how they feel.