p

"my last name?" the boy was startled, brown eyes going wide

"my last name?" the boy was startled, brown eyes going wide. "lee. why?"

melody answered his inquiry with yet another question, "as in, geonu lee? the kickball god?"

geonu scoots closer to the girl as he ponders over her response. he's surprised, yes, but he's also intrigued by this newcomer. he looks into her glistening brown eyes, tilting his head to read her expression. "well yeah, that would be me. but how would you know that-"

"are your reproductive organs okay?" the girl blurts out suddenly. it's kind of loud and geonu flinches in response, especially when he hears her question echo around them in the large campground.

well, that's not what he was expecting. looking back at melody, he sees that she looks genuinely concerned for him. at first, he's just perplexed by the girl's words but soon it clicks in his mind.

"oh god, no way. are you the girl who-"

geonu's words are halted by the sound of his radio. he reaches into the pocket of his blue shorts, shooting the girl an apologetic smile as their conversation is cut short.

"yo geonu, give melody a radio and you two start setting up the cabins. youngbin and i are on dining hall duty right now." olivia's voice transmits through the line.

melody breathes a sigh of relief as she realizes that now she'll have something to do.

"where are the others? i told jeongin and beomgyu to unload and set up athletics, are they on it?" geonu responds through the radio, voice authoritative and bold.

after a few seconds the reply comes through. "yeah they're working on it. chae and hitomi are cleaning the dance room and setting up arts and crafts."

"okay, solid. we'll finish the cabins up and meet you at the pit by 5." geonu states, shutting the receiver off and shoving it into his left pocket.

melody stands up, ready to help, but she can't seem to make eye contact with the boy whose soft body parts she had almost flattened 9 years ago.

geonu wasn't sure if he should bring it up, but after gazing at her flustered expression, he decides to tease her about it at a later date.

"i won't hold that incident as a grudge against you, don't worry." geonu smiles at the girl.

"oh thank god, i thought you were going to shun me as your mortal enemy after you found out." melody confesses, brushing a hand through her short caramel-colored hair. "but i'm glad that's not the case. i'd hate to be on the head counselor's bad side from day 1."

"yeah, you have to stay on my good side." geonu huffs cutely, crossing his arms over his chest to be intimidating.

melody just rolls her eyes in response to the boy's attempts. "shouldn't we be doing something productive?"

"right, follow me." the older counselor advances on his path, before halting and turning to the girl to throw her a flirtatious wink. "for the record, you grew up gorgeous."