chapter ten

"Look after him for me, let him finish what I started." Has played over and over in my head for the past few days. Who was this speaking to me? What did they mean when they said let him finish what I started? Were they talking about Kylo? This was the same voice that had come to me a few other times, but I still couldn't figure out who it was. These thoughts consumed most of my time leading up to the charity ball, in those days Kylo has commanded that I move into his quarters, so we had all of my belongs moved across the hall. I was still shocked with myself that I agreed to marry a man I barely knew. But it seemed like I've known him a lifetime already. I was in our quarters putting away my clothes into our now shared closet when I heard a ding from my data pad.

K: What are you up to? Im in a meeting with Hux and hes boring me.

O: Im still unpacking, focus on your meeting, goodbye.

I smirked at the last message I sent; surly he'll get all pissy that I dismissed him like that. I'll just have to hear about it later. I need to finish unpacking before he got back because I knew he would be too much of a distraction. Finally, I got to the last box, I had no clue about how much stuff I had accumulated since arriving here. After it was all unpacked, I sat on the bed and scrolled through my data pad fidgeting with the ring on my finger. It was such a pretty ring, much too pretty for me. "Honey, Im home." Kylo said as he walked through the door. I jumped up from my position on the bed to greet him, asking how his day went and making simple conversation. "So, shall we go grab something for dinner?" I asked walking towards the door. We walked towards the mess hall side by side, and were met by the rest of the Knights of Ren waving us over to sit with them. The eight of us ate and chatted like any other day until Vicrul spoke up. "So, are we still on for game night Octavia?" It had totally slipped my mind; I had no idea what day it even was. So much has happened over the last few days that they had started to mash together. "Oh, umm yeah. Let's meet in Kylo's room, Im having some work done in mine right now and its a crazy mess. We will see you guys in a little bit." I muttered out. Kylo gave me a strange look as I played with the ringed hand in my lap, he must of realized I was nervous about tonight since we haven't told anyone about our future plans. I guess tonight we will be telling the first round of people.

Back in the quarters Kylo and I were setting up the games "So I guess were telling them tonight?" I asked as he was walking in from the kitchen area with glasses. "That is all up to you Octavia. Im ready whenever you are. I will follow your lead." I sighed at his response; this was still a nerve-wracking thing. The knocking at the door tore me from my thoughts. Alright its show time, I put on my best fake smile as I opened the door. "Are you guys ready for an ass kicking." I said greeting them.

Game night went like it always did. "Okay pour another round!" Aplek said as he won the round of cards we were play. "Guys we want to talk to you guys about something." I finally spoke up deciding now was a good time since everyone had a few drinks in them at this point. All eyes were on Kylo and I. "Well out with it." Ushar urged. I stuck out my hand with the ring on it and told them that Kylo and I were to be married. "Well that was fast. Vicrul you owe me 20 credits!" Kuruk joked. I looked over at Vircurl and saw something flash across his face but it soon turned to a smile. "Here lets toast. Long live Supreme Leader and Empress Ren, may you long reign." he said holding up his glass. It was like a small weight was lifted off of my shoulders after telling them, these guys were my only family I didn't want to keep any secrets from them. The rest of the night was an amazing fun time. We laughed, drank, and joked until we all passed out.

Waking up in Kylo's, well I mean our bed now, was still so weird to me. Today was the day of the ball and I had a whole day ahead of me with Nyx. She wanted to spend the whole day at the base spa getting pampered in preparation of tonight. Kylo had left early to greet the guest and make sure security was up to par. I got dressed in sweatpants and a tank top before going to meet up with Nyx. As I was walking down the hall I bumped into Poe. "Hey Poe! Im so happy to see you, how have you been adjusting?" I asked hugging him. "Ive been really good. It isnt as bad as I thought being here, Ive actually met someone and he's great. I see congratulations is in order for you!" He said grabbing my hand and examining the ring. "Who is the lucky man?" "Oh, you will have to wait until tonight. We are announcing it tonight at the ball. I hope to see you there. I must go now Im about to be late." I said hugging him one last time.