chapter eleven

"Father?"

No, it couldn't be. I was always told my parents died in a fire when I was a baby and my grandparents sold me for credits. This man must be lying. I look to Kylo for help. This man can't be my father, my parents died. But his thoughts are telling the truth. "Will you look and see if you see anything different?" I asked tears starting to form in my eyes. Kylo gives me a small nod as he digs through my father's head. He turns to me and nods again indicating that this was in fact my father. "Rena! My baby!" I heard a woman yell from a ship. I turn to see a woman that looked just like me appear from a ship nearby. She came running over to me and embraced me in a hug. The hug took me by surprise, my brain finally registered what was happening and allowed me to move my arms around her. "I'm sorry ma'am but my name is Octavia now." "My apologies dear. We shall call you whatever you wish." the lady said letting me go.  Kylo dismissed everyone from the area so we had a quiet place to talk.

"Welcome to the first order. I am Supreme Leader Ren." Kylo said shaking my father's hand. "Oh, honey we are so sorry we couldn't find you sooner. We have looked far and wide. We are so happy that the first order charity ball was televised." The woman said hugging me again. "Your mother and I have dreamed of finding you and bringing you home for years but now we see that you are where you are supposed to be." My father explained. "It's quite late, why don't you guys stay here for a while and we can catch up in the morning. We will send a droid to show you to a guest quarter." I said letting out a small yawn. It had already been a long day; tomorrow would be longer. Kylo and I returned to our quarters while a droid showed my parents to where they would be staying.

"So, your parents are alive and well. How do you feel about all of this?" Kylo asked as we laid in bed. "I'm really not sure how to feel. I've spent years thinking they were dead and gone. What do I do Ky?" "Octavia, sweetie, you're really asking the wrong person about advice about parents. I really didn't have a great relationship with my parents." He said as a flash of sadness washed across his face. "What do you mean did? What happened?" I asked hoping he wouldn't get mad about me asking. "They both died at my hands. I was a different man then. I've been becoming a different man since the day we met." He said allowing one single tear slip from his eye. "I'm so sorry Ky. Lets get some rest." I said wiping the tear away and turning the small lamp off next to the bed.

When I woke up Kylo had already left for the day but had left a note on his side of the bed for me saying to enjoy the time with my parents and that he would meet us for lunch. I smiled at the little meaningless note. I couldn't believe how happy a stupid little note could make me. I showered for the day and got dressed. I decided that it was time to start dressing for my role within the first order as empress. I went with a simple floor length turtleneck dress that had the first order symbol stitched into the left side breast. I sent a droid to collect my parents and bring them to the viewing deck. Once there we sat at a table and started to catch up. "So, Empress Ren what would you like to know." My mother asked first. "I want to know it all. Tell me everything. Where are we from?" I asked in excitement. "We are from the planet Bogano. Its a quiet place your father and I had a small plot of land there where we grew our own food. We lived a simple life really. Until a redheaded man showed up one day and asked if he could stay with us until his ship was fixed. We let him stay with us until we woke up one morning and found him gone along with you. We sold anything and everything that we could so we could buy that small ship we arrived in. We searched every planet that we could. We had no luck no one had seen or heard of you. Please believe us when we say we really did try looking for you." My mother wailed. "We are so happy to see how well taken care of you are and how happy you are. The first order suites you dear." I smiled at them. It was weird sitting here with my parents hearing of them talk about our family and where we came from. Then soon started asking questions about me and I told them the truth about everything. "So, you joined the first order willingly, proved to be fit enough to lead the Knights of Ren, and make the Supreme Leader fall in love with you? We are so proud of you and the way you turned out. I guess everything does happen for a reason. If you would have been raised by us you wouldnt be here now. We can tell how happy you truly are. my mother said." We sat and talked the whole day away until Kylo joined us.