Chapter 8

Fruit of Poisoned Tree

Arabelle pov

I walk out of my room, fully dressed, and about to walk to the kitchen and prepare a breakfast for the pregnant girl who still falls asleep. I take the cold milk out from the fridge and pour cereal on the bowl, i take a mental note that Hayley is craving cereal. And I don't know which one is her favourite, so i end up buying every cereal that google recommends to me.

Sue me!

"You're gone." I look up toward the voice, Hayley leaning her side on the door frame with her hands on her pregnant belly. "Good morning!" i smile at her, she eyed at the bowl then back to me. "I take that as you're hungry?" she nods and walks up to me, "what is it?" trying to take a peek. "My vision told me that you're craving for..... Cereal," handing her the bowl filled with milk and cereal. She immediately picks the bowl up and reaching for the spoon, I sit on the barstool, watching her moan at her first bite. "How did you know that i want cereals?" she asked, looking up at me. 

"Well, you ate nothing but cereals every morning. And, I don't know which one you like, so i bought one for everything google suggested to me." I shrugged my shoulders like it's not a big deal, her eyes went wide. "You what?!" 

I wave my hand and the cabinet above my head opened with my magic, her jaws dropped open at the sight of the cereals. "It said that most people like Honeycombs, Fruit Loops, Lucky Charms, Oreo's, Cheerios, Reeses. And, of course, milk. I bought 3-litre milk," i told her. 

She stops herself from eating the cereal and walks up closer to me, both of her hands are on my cheeks. "You... You really did that for me?" she asked slowly. "It's not like i know another pregnant woman in New Orleans beside you." She pulls my face closer to her and crash her lips to mine before she pulls us away, "you're the best!" 

"Good morning." 

I don't need to turn around to know who's voice is it belong to. But then i hear something being drag and i turn to my left when Bex enters through the back door. Dragging a trashcan behind her. "Speaking of Google, add bleach...." She stomps through the kitchen and into the living room to clean up the mess. "You know, I do hope my siblings were hospitable to you, in my absence," Elijah speaks up. 

"In your absence, as you like to call it, which is a way-too-polite way of saying that your brother put a dagger in your hear--." Snatching her spoon and take my first bite on this cereals' stuff, "I have been attacked by French Quarter vampires, I've had to live in a house with a secret dungeon full of coffins, and I was nearly murdered by witches who are convinced my baby is Lucifer," Hayley said, snatching the spoon back.