intent of marriage?

Osamu often hated how mischievous his brother could get and now isn't any exemption. And now, they walk towards the school gate in complete silence, something either of them isn't used to.

The grey-haired glanced at the blonde; no sign of him breaking the silence anytime soon. Or so he thought.

"Mom already said she's buying yer a new phone," Atsumu says.

"Still doesn't change the fact you broke my phone," Osamu hisses.

"Ye pushed me so I dropped it by accident! By accident!" he defends, emphasizing the last two phrases.

"Because you snatched it away!" Osamu exclaims, "And mom said she's taking away half my allowance."

"Dad's taking two-thirds of mine!"

"Because you broke it. Suiren must be so creeped out now," Osamu groans, shaking his head in annoyance.

"Speaking of which," Atsumu notifies and nudges his brother.

"Oh." Osamu immediately spots her placing her outdoor shoes inside her locker, and nervousness and embarrassment begin to take over his frustration.

"Bye bye, lover boy," the blonde says, heading to his locker.

"Whatever, 'Tsumu. Get lost."

"Osamu-san?" It doesn't take long for her to recognize the voice.

"Chuunchun," he calls her back, his mood swiftly changing.

"Scary switch," Atsumu, who's peeking behind a locker, remarks.

"About last night, sorry about that, it's, it's 'Tsumu's fault," he tells her. Last night, he rehearsed his apology for the humiliating messages but he still couldn't help but feel shy.

"Ah, it was Miya Atsumu-san?"

"Yeah, he grabbed my phone and did all that," he adds.

"Oh."

"Are you, are you by chance, disappointed?" he asks. There's still no way he could read her blank poker face.

"I thought you were thinking of marriage right after we got together. So now, I thought we were dating with the intention of marriage," she explains herself.

"Oh?"

"But I'm not disappointed. We're just 18," she reassures him. He also couldn't figure if she meant the opposite instead. "I mean, I'm 18," she adds.

"Wow, I kinda did him a favor," Atsumu mumbles before finally leaving the two alone. Enough eavesdropping for the day.

"By the way, I made bento," Osamu says in an attempt to lift the mood.

"Really? I made onigiri for you today," she tells him while he puts on his indoor shoes.

"I meant that the bento was for us to share," he clarifies.

"Oh. I only made three onigiri because it's just for you," she says. Suiren never thought of making one for herself.

"Then let's share that too."

"Okay. It sounds like a good idea," she agrees with a soft smile on her face.

And that's why, by their lunch break, meeting Suiren becomes the first thing that crosses Osamu's mind. The same goes for Suiren since she immediately headed to the second floor to meet him.

The two meet halfway, literally, and they find each other on the staircase. Osamu on the last step down, Suiren on the opposite end.

"Oh, Osamu-san. Hello," she greets, her face hinting her surprise.

"Hey, Chuunchun," he greets her back.

Amidst the number of students crowding the staircase, she simply stands there, stunned for some reason.

"So, uh, wanna eat now?" he breaks the silence.

"Oh, right, lunch." She ends her daydreaming.

"Where do you wanna eat?" he asks.

"Field?" she suggests. Of course, her usual spot.

"Sure, that's cool with me."

Suiren finally moves from where she stood and she walks alongside him, making their 20cm height difference much more apparent. She always had a love-hate relationship with her five foot five stance but for now, she finds it cute.

"So, you're not with your friend? For lunch? Is that okay?" he asks, just making sure.

"Miko-san?"

"Oh so her name is Miko," he mumbles. "Yeah, Miko-san."

"She says she needs to be with her club mates," she answers.

"Oh, I see," he mutters. He doesn't notice her lie thanks to her facial expression barely making a difference.

"Well, it is a surprise you're not with Miya Atsumu-san right now," she tries changing the topic.

"Ah, 'Tsumu broke my phone so, nah."

"So that's why you didn't reply anymore. Okay."

"Yeah, sorry," he sighs, shaking his head.

"It's okay, I understand, Osamu-san."

"Thanks, Chuunchun," he tells her with a subtle smile. He lifts his hand in an urge to play with her hair but he quickly puts it away.

"This bench is my spot," she tells him the moment they reach the field.

"Yeah, I know," he blurts out. He knows at least that much from thanks to all the staring from the classroom window.

"You do?" she asks, lifting a brow.

"I guess."

"I've always ate here since first year. It's always peaceful here," she continues as they both take a seat.

"Have you tried the rooftop? It's quiet and refreshing there too," he suggests. At the same time, he also unwraps the two lunch boxes from the cloth cover.

"But that's a restricted area, Osamu-san."

"Exactly, no one goes there but me," he tells her and chuckles, "Now that's my spot."

"Anyway, let's eat. I dunno yer favorite food so I just guessed," he says.

"Oh, soba?" she mumbles.

"What is it this time? Is she disappointed or something?" he asks himself, feeling a little nervous with her reaction, or the lack thereof.

"I- Itadakimasu," she stammers, followed by his voice, "Itadakimasu."

"Let's eat now, Chuunchun," he invites, presenting his nicely made bento.

Suiren keeps her eyes glued on the soba, her gaze hinting melancholy. "She's sad? Over soba?"