fox on the run (end)

Suiren's left all alone in the rooftop with her crutches a meter away from her. The pain becomes almost unbearable but she knows how much she needs to help herself.

"This isn't even my fault," she sighs in disappointment as she drags herself towards her crutches.

INARIZAKI HIGH SCHOOL
INFIRMARY
3PM

"Chuunchun?"

"Samu?" She quickly recognizes the voice.

"Hey, Chuunchun, what happened?" he asks and approaches her, almost like nothing's wrong between the two of them.

"Where does it hurt?" he keeps asking. He sits down right next to her bed.

Suiren refuses to talk but she points to her ankle, the one that underwent surgery. "Your, your ankle? What happened?"

With his sudden appearance and overwhelming concern, along with what just happened, Suiren's barely holding it together. She notices her tears pile up, making her eyes glassy.

"No, no, no, don't cry," Osamu panics, "Does it still hurt?"

His concerns and worries for her confuse Suiren even more, especially when he made it clear he didn't care. No calls, no explanations, not even a single text.

"Nothing happened," she answers.

"Did Miko do something?" he suspects.

"How did you know?"

"So it is Miko? Want me to kick her ass?"

"He-Hey!"

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding," he chuckles.

"By the way, Osamu."

"Yes, Chuunchun?"

"I know you have something to say."

"Wha- What? Did, did 'Tsumu tell you?" he overreacts, immediately putting the blame on his brother.

"No, Atsumu-san and I don't talk," she clarifies.

"Do you have something to say?"

"Mhmm."

"And that is, Chuunchun?"

"Why did you stop calling?" she begins.

Osamu doesn't have the answer. He doesn't even know why he needed to be distant to her in the first place. It all just felt wrong. Osamu thought space is the only thing he needed to overcome it but Suiren's growing impatient in enduring his coldness.

"Why did you stop texting?" she adds in a softer voice, "Did you stop liking me, Osamu?"

"Chuunchun, no, no, no," he denies but it's no help for Suiren who's in the verge of crying.

"I couldn't care less if that letter wasn't from you," she cries out.

"I'm, I'm sorry."

"Let's break up, 'Samu."

"What? What?!"

"I don't have the heart to say it again," she mumbles.

"I just needed some space, Suiren!" he justifies himself.

"And I gave it to you. But I just can't do this anymore."

"Can't you just wait for me? Is that what you really want?"

She doesn't say a word. Her silence is her answer.

°
°
°

[End of the World plays]