her rehearsal

author's note:

I recently read in Haikyuu-buu
that our favorite twins actually
share a room and sleep in a
bunk bed! So chapters from
now on will have these two
share a room.

also, love triangle go brrrr

° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

MIYA RESIDENCE. "Come on, spill it out, what's up?" Atsumu nags his brother, who's been mopping around at the top bed for a whole hour now.

"Nothing, nothing's up," Osamu groans.

"You've been in a real shitty mood since you got home," Atsumu insists on an answer, "Did my love advice not work? The custard was good so I was serious about the advice, I tell ya!"

"Leave me alone, 'Tsumu," he hisses.

"Did your dear senpai reject ya or something? Oh! Don't tell me, wait, did ya break up?" he exclaims, further annoying the grey-haired boy.

"No! We're not breaking up over a damn kiss! Or, or the lack of it!"

"Oh? It's been three months or something but ya haven't kissed? Seriously?!"

"Oh shut up! And for your information, it's gonna be four months," he exclaims, referring to the beginning of their fake dating.

"That's even worse! You're gonna die a virgin, 'Samu!"

"You're the one who's single here!"

"Just kiss her. I never thought you'd be a pitiful amateur to this," Atsumu teased, laughing at his brother.

"She's scared," he admits. If there was anyone who he could actually talk about Suiren, as much as he hated to say it, it would only be Atsumu.

"Of? Of what? Of you?"

"I dunno. She can't do skinship or anythin' like that sort of stuff," Osamu says.

"That's gonna be a big problem," the blonde sighs.

"Huh?"

"Are ye really sure she's just not scared of you?"

Meanwhile, Suiren's curled up in her bed, hugging a pillow, and contemplating about earlier. She's scared of boys, Osamu knew that much, but being misunderstood by her beloved worries Suiren to the core. She doesn't even notice the tear running down from her watery eyes, and the scene simply plays on repeat.

She tried to kiss him, she tried getting over her fears but they were all wasted attempts. Osamu occupies her mind for the entirety of the night and she even forgets the pressure for tomorrow morning's nationals qualifiers.

"I, I, love you," she mumbles.

"I love, I love you," she stutters again.

Even saying those words to a man required her to practice. "I'm sorry, Osamu. I love, y-you. I really, really, l-love you," she rehearses her apology. She doesn't even expect him to show up tomorrow at the qualifiers and she's determined to go to him instead.

Satisfied with her practice, she forces out a smile, a tactic to convince herself that it's going to work out. However, just as she's about to turn the lamp light off, she hears the notification bell of her phone.

kitashinsuke sent you a message!

Good evening, tsutsui-chan

"Oh? Kita-kun?" she mutters. She unlocks her phone to send him a reply.

tsutsuisui: hello kita-kun.

kitashinsuke: I read in the school newspaper that the track and field qualifiers will be held tomorrow. I wish you the best of luck.

tsutsuisui: oh thank you, kita-kun

kitashinsuke: You're welcome. They have a digital newspaper now, it's interesting

tsutsuisui: I didnt know that. Can you send me the link for that?

kitashinsuke: I'll just send you the file.

kitashinsuke sent a photo.

tsutsuisui: ?

tsutsuisui: that's a cat, kita-kun.

kitashinsuke: My bad. I'll send the file to your email instead.

tsutsuisui: but that was a cute cat, kita-kun

kitashinsuke: You like cats, Tsutsui-chan?

tsutsuisui: yes ^^ they're very cute.

kitashinsuke: That's the only cat picture I have though.

tsutsuisui: it's okay ^^"

tsutsuisui: I barely have storage on my phone but I'll save that ^^

tsutsuisui: anyway, I'm going to sleep now. the qualifiers start quite early.

kitashinsuke: Me too. My grandmother might lecture me about sleep.

tsutsuisui: she seems very nice though ^^

kitashinsuke: She is. I'm concerned about her sometimes though.

tsutsuisui: for her health?

kitashinsuke: No. She's very healthy.

tsutsuisui: oh ^^

kitashinsuke: She's already looking forward for my wedding

tsutsuisui: oh ^^ that's adorable

kitashinsuke: Yes, but I'm 18 and I don't have a girlfriend either

tsutsuisui: really, kita-kun?

kitashinsuke: Yes I'm 18... We're in the same year

tsutsuisui: no, I mean, you don't have a girlfriend?

kitashinsuke: Ah

kitashinsuke: I don't

tsutsuisui: I've heard you always get love confessions though ^^"

kitashinsuke: They're not from the woman I like

tsutsuisui: Oh ^^"""

kitashinsuke: Anyway, what time is the qualifiers going to start?

tsutsuisui: 9AM

kitashinsuke: Where?

tsutsuisui: are you going? heh ^^"

kitashinsuke: I might have time tomorrow. Aren't your friends going to support you?

tsutsuisui: Miko?

kitashinsuke: Oh, I think that's her name

tsutsuisui: she's not coming ^^" but its okay. she's busy

kitashinsuke: Then, do you mind if I go?