The Pool

As we walked to the pool, I just couldn't get over the feeling that I was being watched. Not the other campers in general, just something. Camp Cretaceous gave me a different point of view on things, the more alert type that is. When we where almost to the pool, along the path was some bushes. They started to rustle. I jumped out in-front of my friends and yelled, "Stand back!!!". The bushes shook harder. I braced myself to run. Suddenly a chipmunk bursted out of the bushes onto the pathway, stopped in it's tracks, and starred at us. "Awww, Logan, are you really scared of a cute little chipmunk?" Tom said laughing. "No, I thought it was a Compy." All the others laughed. When we finally got to the pool, I was surprised. The so called pool, was more like a big pond. "Isn't this great or what?" Kat said. I ran out in front of them and said. "You guys comin'!" I jumped in. They fallowed.

About an hour of swimming, I went along the edge and found a two foot thick tree snapped in half. Mary and Tom walked up beside me. "What you think this was?" I asked. "Lighting?" Alex answered. "It doesn't look burnt." Tom said. "Who knows." I said.

By this time it was dark. A got out of the water and grabbed my towel. I sat down on a big log. Mary and Isaiah joined me. "So what's up with you?" Isaiah asked me. "What you mean?" I asked him confused. "You acted like that chipmunk was bigfoot." He said chuckling to himself. "Not sure, just tired I guess." I said. "Well I know what would help you. I heard that there is a bonfire going on right now. I'm heading there right now, want to come?" He asked. "Nah, I'll join ya in a bit." I said. "Mary?" "I'll stay with Logan." She answered. "Ok, see you there." Isaiah said walking away. "Bad memories?" Mary asked me. "Some." I answered. "It's the good ones that keep me going." She grinned. "What's your best one from Camp Cretaceous?" She asked me smiling. "Probably when we found you guys after the Troodons attacked." I said. "That or when I found out that Mike was still alive." I said. Mary looked at her watch. "You think we should get going?" She asked. I stood up. "Sure." We went to leave, when I heard a loud sound, like thunder in the distance. We both turned around. It sounded like a siren, but deeper, and more roar like. "What the heck was that?" Mary asked. "I'm not sure." I said. "Let's go tell the others." She nodded in agreement.