Chapter 4: Opposites Attract

"Willow." the girl says mirroring me perfectly. She has the same olive skin, brown hair and sweet almond eyes like mine. 

"I'm Wilma, your twin" she says half cautious half excited. 

"I-I-I" I'm speechless. I was raised as an only child for 14 years and this girl who looks exactly like me is telling me that was all wrong. 

"I-I needed to give you this." She hands me a bracelet made out of deer skin with a small cat's eye gemstone in the middle. 

"I-" she begins whispering, "I have to go back to the pack" Wilma whispers her purposefully turning yellow. 

"W-wait!" I yell. "When will I see you again?!" I scream. 

"Saturday rfr" she ends her answer with a bark. 

I am still speechless I eat the meat for lunch in a hurry giving myself plenty of time to think. Now I know I'm not human or an only child. There's a whole world out there that's pulling me in! But do I want to step into that world? Is that where I belong? Will I come back? 

I thought Wilma might have the answers but Wilma caused half of my concern. She seems born into that world and me the outsider to every family I've ever known. 

Everything was now wrong and right at the same time. 

I have to head back to class. Science/Biology is next. It was the last thing I needed and like everything else the first thing I needed. 

I sat through the class. It was boring compared to everything else today but it was normal. I started to hear barking in the back of my head which gave me a headache but I took the pain-relievers the nurse told me to in case this happened. Then I heard speaking, Wilma's speaking somewhere in my brain. 

"She's not ready-- I know she's the oldest princess but I've been here, with our pack, longer." Wilma says. I think this might the bracelet doing something wacky with my head. And then my suspicions are confirmed. The gem starts glowing. I decide people might think it has batteries or something I don't decide to hide it. I starts glowing more so ask to go to the bathroom.

"Hey sis!" I hear Wilma saying. I realize the bracelet is projecting her and voice to me like a video call.

"Hi" I say. At this point this doesn't phase me.

"So change of plans." she sighs, "Meet us a midnight tonight at the kingdom."

"Where's the kingdom" I ask sarcastically. She give me a are-you-dumb? face. But she answers anyway.

"About a mile west from the main human trail. You'll know it when see it" she answers matter-a-factly.

"Okay" I say making her projection disappear.