Chapter 5: Midnight Tonight

I feel myself turn into a wolf at night at around 11:30. Since it's an unusual sensation to me I wake up. I quietly walk out he door not wanting mom to discover any of this. Anyway she's probably fast asleep. 

I walk onto the trail then half a mile west like Wilma told me. Then I see it a town full of wolves. There are houses made of tree bark and shops too. Even lamps are placed on large upright logs. I don't know how this possible with only a small town of what, 30 people. Did these werewolves even build this town? How long has this town been here for? And why is it called a kingdom. 

"Willow" Wilma says to me putting on a fake smile. She is also in wolf form. 

"Would you like me to show you the castle." She looks at a 2 story house made a only random boulders that are placed together and dirt holding everything together somehow.

"Is it safe" I think aloud. Wilma laughs and walk toward the 'castle'. She insists on giving me a tour. On the first floor there was a room with and indoor fire pit (which is fine since the boulders aren't flammable), a meat cooling room (which is just ice and meat stored carefully), bed or cot room (with beds made sheep wool and leaves and also surprisingly has a door), then the stairs (held up by stairs and twigs). One second floor there a throne room (thrones made out of twigs and cushioned leaves and deer hide), a fruit room (apples and oranges covered in more ice), and what i assume is a guest room (wool and leave beds again). And that is it, that's the 'castle'.

"We start training this weekend" Wilma starts, "it's officially Friday you get stay here later today" she finishes. We head back into the bedroom downstairs. It has 5 beds. It also has a small closet with clothes inside that I didn't notice before.

"This is where the royal family sleeps. Our pack is one of many in the Savers' kingdom. We are the Moonclaws" Wilma explains. "First mini-lesson to instantly change back to human just think of your birth. Or imagine it I guess" Wilma says demonstrating. She closes her eyes and then she starts turning human again. I do the same just less quickly. 

"And to turn back into the wolf think of the first time you turned" Wilma adds. Then she finally smiles a real smile for once. 

"Find a way to convince mom to let you come here for the weekend" Wilma suggests. The sun begins to rise. "You may go home now. I think we've-" she cuts herself off. She looks like she's lost in thought then she smiles at me.

"No, you can stay here. I'll pretend to be you! I've never meet our mom" she tries to run out of the room but I stop her. 

"What makes you think I'd be okay with that" I ask a bit harshly. She looks at me confusedly.

"I thought all twins wanted to do the switch-a-roo" she says soundly like we're both sound be excited now. 

"Fine" I say wanting to learn more about my werewolf life. She smiles again instantly.