Chapter - 6

Vikram stood beside Jyothika who was trying hard to pacify a crying Ahaan.

"Vikram I think Ahaan is hungry."

Vikram looked at Ahaan and felt really sorry for him and his mother. Just then the doctor came out from the ICU. He looked at them.

"How are you both related to the patient inside?" asked the doctor.

"She is our neighbour doctor," said Vikram.

"One of you please come with me." said the doctor.

"I will come," said Vikram and told Jyothika to stay there till he comes back.

The doctor entered the room followed by Vikram. He sat opposite to the doctor.

"How is her condition doctor?" asked Vikram.

"She is still unconscious Mr...."

"Vikram..."

"Ok, Vikram tell me what actually happened?" asked the doctor and crossed his fingers.

"Our apartment is just opposite to theirs. Every day I and my wife use to visit her. But today when we stepped out of our flat, the front door was open. We both rushed inside and saw everything scattered here and there. And we heard her son crying and rushed to her room and found her unconscious."

"Oh ok. What about her husband?"

"He went to the U.S. His mother had  major surgery and she called him to stay with her."

"But why he didn't take them?"

"He didn't want his son to travel this much long since he is just one year old. Neela was ready to go with him but she backed off later."

"What's his name?"

"Jayshankar Oberoi. Their son's name is Ahaan."

"So did you contact him.?"

"No doctor. Not reachable. I tried several times but..."

"Ok ok I understand. So Mr.Vikram I don't know how you will react to this but it will be really heartbreaking."

Vikram became little tensed and stared at the doctor.

"What's the matter, doctor?"

"She was brutally raped..."

"WHAT?" screamed Vikram.

"Yes, and the wounds on her body was due to this. I think because of this trauma only she is still not conscious."

Vikram froze on the seat. He couldn't believe his ears. He felt a pain inside his chest. Tears flowed down from his eyes.

"I know this is unbelievable and unbearable but it happened to her."

"B....bu...but doctor..."

"I can understand your current state. She is out of danger but we have to wait till she is conscious. And this is a rape case. You have to inform her husband and police should take legal actions. I can't do anything without her husband's consent. Tell him to come back as soon as possible."

"I will inform him, doctor."

"Ok, Mr.Vikram you may leave now. The duty nurse is there to look after her. Go and stay with your wife."

Vikram said nothing and left the room immediately. He didn't have the courage to tell this to either Jyothika or Jayshankar. He walked towards the place where Jyothika was sitting with Ahaan. He saw his innocent face and smiled. He lifted him and kissed all over his face. This puzzled Jyothika.