Chapter 16- Last words

Dear Sha sha,

You are such a great woman. Being your second mom, tita, or ninang made me realized that. Thank you for everything, anak. My son is so lucky to have a bestfriend like you.

I remember when you were just to say your first word. I was there, carrying Brandon and your mom was carrying you. Napag-usapan namin ni Shane na 'mommy' ang tawag sa amin ng mga anak namin while mama ang tawag mo sa akin and Brandon to your mother. Do you know what was your first word to say? It's 'mama'. Until now, I can still hear the disappointed sigh of your mom. Funny because I was also disappointed dahil ang first word ni Brandon is "Peppa".

I remember when I first baked you ensaymada after Brandon told me na it's your favorite. I knew back then na I failed because the taste was too plain and bland. Even your mother laughed at me. But you, dear, lied! You were just 5 years old but you were a great liar. And I love you for that. Pumalakpak ka pagkakagat mo and praised me for how many times! You even told your mother to bake for you with what you called "Mama Claire's style". I was so happy; I even cried! I'd always wanted a daughter and I consider you as one kahit noong isinilang ko si Barbie.

I can't remember why the two of yoy suddenly  called me and your mom 'Tita'. You used to call us 'mama'. I wonder why.

I knew from the very beginning na you and my son will love each other forever. I don't care if it's romantically or not but please stay with him every time he needs you. As I write this, I know na my duty to my children will finish soon. My hands, as you can see in my handwriting, are trembling. Please stay with him after I die. Comfort him, please. When I was still fine, he secretly wanted me to gently massage his hair. Akala niya hindi ko alam, pero kumakalma siya kapag ginagawa ko 'yun. Please do it. Please take care of him.

And also, I have something for Barbie. Please give it to her birthday. It is placed under my bed. I know na kahit hindi ako makiusap sa iyo, you will still act as her sister. Remind her that I will always watch and guide her, that even in my grave, I will always love her. I feel sorry na maiiwan ko na agad siya sa gano'ng edad. I feel sorry for my baby.

Your tito will also be sad but don't worry, he's strong.

I love you, Sha sha, my first daughter. I said earlier that I don't care if you and my son will love each other romantically but don't get me wrong, you are still my bet!  By the way, narinig ko 'yung kanta mo sa anak ko. He doesn't know na narinig ko. Ikaw haaa!

Huwag magpapabaya sa tungkulin, always praise the Lord! When I heard your voice, naalala ko ang boses ng mommy mo noong mang-aawit pa kami. Very similar, both of you are the best! Always take care, Sha. I love you and your mommy, tell her that.