LEVEL FOUR- Eridu

Cole shot another arrow at the translucent being in front of them. Enki just raised an eyebrow, and the arrow flew away; lodging itself in the shattered woodwork.

"Are you not convinced, Cole Rivers? I am simply code, but code powerful enough to transform this entire planet into pixels if I so wish."

Andrew just blinked. "What did you mean by your boys?"

Enki smiled warmly. " You're all basically pixels now. Just look at your friend Maggie. She isn't a shredded corpse on the floor anymore is she? "

Turning his head to where Maggie lay, Cole and Andrew had to gasp. Maggie's body was actually pixelating, and parts of it had vanished. A small timer hovered over her to show time until her body vanished completely.

"So, she isn't dead?" Cole asked.

" Well...she is. But thats just what happens when you get critically hurt, right? This may be a game but death is irreversible."

Cole looked back at Maggie, and heaved a sigh. He was getting tired of games.
"So what do you want, Enki? What's your great quest or whatever? We have a world quest to get back to."

Enki chuckled. " Someone is rather impatient. I'm waiting for your three other party members to come out of hiding behind that fallen piece of ceiling."

Luca stuck his head over the edge. "How did he know we were here?"
Liz and Bethany followed, still cautious about Enki who was still smiling blankly.

Bethany signed something at Liz, and she signed back. "Beth says that we can trust this Enki dude. He's like the god in charge or something."

Andrew and Cole just exchanged looks, then turned back to the digital mini god who was playing with a stray sparkling pixel that had drifted from Maggie's body.

"Alright Enki, spill".

Enki didn't even look at them. " I activated the world quest because its about time something happens. Cant have the game be boring now can I? My people are descended from the ancient race that first occupied this planet. I'm currently the last surviving member of this race, not counting my brother Gilgamesh; the fallen king. Ultimately you will meet him, and most likely will be able to beat him and free your world, but I need you to accept my side quest for Seartes throne."

As he spoke, mini notification windows opened in front of everyone. Luca stared at it warily. " You want us to ditch the world quest?"

Enki nodded, still playing with the pixel.

The team deliberated on this sudden piece of info. After ten minutes of whispering and arguing in circles, Andrew turned to Enki, who was smiling patiently.

"Alright, Enki. We're in."