Level One

Andrew stood slowly, his head pounding like a steel drum. For the past week he had been having migranes and couldn't guess why, apart from the fact that he woke up in a room that was completely burnt and that he was unharmed.

He looked upwards and saw his hp bar at 80 percent. Apparently his toxicity reduction skill was disabled or had been exhausted, so even alcohol hurt his life.

Walking outside, Andrew took a passing glance at his reflection in the cracked mirror. His hair was singed and his clothes ripped, blood was dried on his face and his stubble had grown.

Heaving a depressed sigh, he noticed a blinking light on his message icon. Clicking it, he saw a message from the one person he didnt want to speak to; Maggie

History between them was really tense and they had agreed to only talk when in an emergency, so he opened the message.

"Andrew please reply me ASAP. Meet me at the blackridge watertower by 7:00 today".

It was already 6:42, Andrew was still tired.

Kicking rocks as he passed an alley, Andrew decided to kill some small creatures on his way past. Ever since the entire planet had become some large game, things had gotten really crazy. Apparently only 1.89% of humanity had become players, and as far as he knew from leaked information everyone else was an NPC.

A can rolled on its own out of the alley. Following the direction it came from with his eyes, Andrew pulled his newest sword out of his inventory.

"Activated: ENUMA ELISH.;LV1"

The AI voice always sounded in his head whenever this happened, so he was not weirded out by the fact that it sounded like his mothers voice.

"Are you gonna kill the Mechrat or not?"

Startled, he looked around to see who had said that. Seeing no one, Andrew activated a few strengh buffs and decided to go after it.

Before he could say "drat", the Mechrat jumped out and tried to bite his head off.

Rolling quickly to avoid the attack, Andrew activated ~Immortalsbane~ and thrust his blade as fast as he could at the rats skull.

The rat didnt even have time to flinch before it burst into a ball of flame and disappeared in a flash of light leaving some cash and a few potions on the ground.

Andrew picked these up and was about to leave when he saw something glittering in the sand. Picking it up, the item opened up a notification window.

"Quest for the throne of Searttee The Black. Do you accept this quest?"

As confused as he was Andrew tapped the yes button.

"World quest begins in 00:00:28."