LEVEL TWENTY TWO

Searte landed outside the castle, the dust settling slowly around her. All signs of life outside the walls was gone, and she couldn't feel the presence of any guards around.

Activating a hidden skill, DUST VEIL, she snuck into the main courtyard completely camouflaged. INFINITE REALMS was still on cool down after her fight with the bearers of the white and black stones, so she could only rely on her last skill that she only used in dire situations if she had to fight Gilgamesh.

Going over the past few hours in her head, Searte remembered the strangely peaceful look on Cole's face as he vaporized. INFINITE REALMS put the target in a deep trance, showing them an alternate reality where they got either everything they wanted, or everything they deserved based on how they lived their life. Cole had looked so calm it made her puzzled, that the White stone actually found someone as pure hearted as him among the humans left on the digital earth.

The best part of the skill was that the soul of the victim would vaporize, and the physical body would die instantly but would still carry out it's last thoughts. And seeing as Cole was fighting her, his soulless husk was giving her a beatdown. The White had taken over at some point but Searte managed to snatch it and stash it in her Chasm with the Red and Black stones.

Becoming the bearer of three of the most powerful sources of energy in the cosmos was a lot harder than it seemed. Each stone had its own will and wouldn't stay calm around the others, trying to exert it's will over the other two. Maintaining balance between each stone was difficult, but she had learned to control similar energies while she existed beyond the void.

Scaling the high walls of the citadel was a piece of cake. She balanced on a windowsill, listening for any signs that her presence had been noticed. Hearing nothing but her steady breathing, The Demon Queen ran through the halls at light speed, conserving her strength by making turns slowly.

The throne room was empty, apart from the throne and a body beside it. Searte edged forward, ears and eyes on high alert. A pair of black daggers with thin red veins running along the blades materialized in her hands. She rarely used these to fight because, well, she was unmatched in hand to hand combat. But Gil had always held back his fighting spirit, and he was stoic. Very unpredictable. The worst kind of opponent.

" Yes, and I'm also the winner of this fight." A deep voice boomed from everywhere and yet nowhere. "Coming here was your biggest mistake, dear, pitiful, Heather. "