LEVEL SIX

The Jeep jumped again, hitting a rough patch of road that had been wrecked during the riots.
"Six years have passed since the global phenomenon; where the entire world became a video game. It happened for no apparent reason, and some mad man made of pixels suddenly appears and tells us his brother is behind it and we believe him? Andrew have you lost your mind?" Luca asked.

"Not yet", Andrew grinned," but im pretty close."

They had ditched Cole's old mustang back in Blackridge. It couldn't carry them all and was terrible over long distances.

Cole slipped a piece of licorice in his mouth. "One of the good things about this is that I cant run outta gas! Games rule in a way".

Liz laughed." Bethany says you hated them back in high school, that you never followed her to arcades or her house to play any."

"Well, people change!"

The car bounced again, which made Liz hit the roof with her head. Shrieking in pain, she nearly elbowed Luca who was scowling.

"Hey, watch it!" he yelled,"you'll take an eye out."

Suddenly something flashed past the left side of the car. "What was that?" Cole asked.

" I dunno, I didnt see it clearly and it was moving hella fast." Luca replied.

Bethany signed something. Liz gasped. "Guys, Bethany says it was a TRUSKET,  what do we do? We cant fight that thing!".

"Maybe you can't, but Luca can", said Andrew.

In less than eight seconds, about 8 more TRUSKET's rushed past the car." Thats a lot of em",said Cole,"I think we should ditch the ca-"

The car suddenly flipped in the air, tumbling three times before crashing into the ground with a solid crunch. The wind shield crumpled like wet paper and the driver side door smashed outwards.

Luckily, nobody was wounded seriously; although their hp bars had gone down by a not so significant amount. Bethany activated her healing buffs and sent the party's hp back to maximum.

Andrew activated his ~Last Legion~ skill, and almost immediately near a thousand ghostly soldiers rose from the tar road, solidified by rock and metal from the wreckage.

"Bethany cover me with buffs! Ill tank, Cole and Luca dps and range, Liz crowd control. We have about six more seconds before my skill times out."

Moving as a single unit, the legion of crude soldiers blocked the front of the team with Andrew standing in the middle, bracing for the onslaught by the fast TRUSKETs.

"Here they come! Get ready!!" Andrew yelled.