chapter seven

Dana
I make the greatest coffee in the history of.....well, my family. And the worst was my mom. She always got us out of bed by saying"Guys am making coffee". All of us would jump out of bed and run down the stairs to the kitchen to stop her. It was that bad.

It was fun having her around. And we were shuttered when she..well..passed away. But , we are strong and we kept on working to heal each other. Loving and caring for one another relentlessly and that is how our family is still in one piece. And am greatfull to God for that.

I pour the coffee into the plain white form cup. Which I find really boring. Why plain white?  Thats super boring. I make a mental note to bring some coffee cups from the coffee shop next toy house.

They have good morning written on them in black bubble letters. It's so cute. And not boring. I knock on the door.
"Come in. "
Reminding myself not to stare and enter. I place the coffee on the table and back away.  I stand locking my fingers infront of my body.

He picks the cup up with eyes not leaving the document he is reading and takes a sip. He places  the cup back down and licks his lower lip traping it between his teeth. Damn! Look away Dana. Look away. I decide to look at the ceiling.

I realise it has some patterns on it. They look amazing.
"Schedule a meeting with the marketing team. Tell them am gonna meet them in an hour. "
No thank you?  I am sure he didn't say thank-you.
"Aren't you gonna thank me for the coffee? I know its nice. See my pa-"and I was cut short by the glare I received from the Greek god.

His eyes just lifted from the file to me portraying dislike. What did I ever do to you ? Is what I would ask if I had the courage to stand up to him and be completely sure that I would not be fired.

I was gonna tell him of how my parents always called  me expresso because of the good coffee I made but I guess I will tell someone else. Some one who won't chase me out of his office with just a look.

Why is he being such an...an... angry bird. I know that is not the best  insult. I have never been good at them. But it is a good Nick name to describe him. I walk out of his office but even when I turn around I can feel his eyes make holes in my back.

~~~~~
After an awkward conversation with Rebecca, I wanted to know where the marketing team office is and I couldn't go all the way to the first floor to ask Katrina.
"Hey. "I say approaching her Rebecca 's desk.
"Hi. "she says throwing me a questioning look. A look that spells out. WHAT!
"'Ammmmm...are you okay?"
"Ya. Why?"she says with a hint of anger in her voice. I am starting to think that's it's a habit for everyone on this floor to be angry. A habit I am not familiar with.

"Nothing. You just don't seem to be in a good mood thats all. "
"I am fine. What do you want?"she says looking away back to looking through some papers.
"Okay. Where is the Marketing team office. "
"11th floor , left. The first turn you make."
"Thanks. "
And she didn't reply.

Now here I am at the front of the door. I can hear some voices escaping from behind the door. It sounds like a debate fight. I knock.
"Come in." a Male-ish female-ish voice says. I open the door and enter. The room is quite big. There are  six tables. Three on the left and three on the right.

The six members however are seated at the center of the room in a circle. Each holding a note pad.
"Dana?"a familiar voice calls out. My eyes fall on a pair of ocean blue eyes. It's Jayson.

Please keep reading. I hope love it.

Enjoy 😘