chapter thirteen

Dana
So the story of the two brothers Mr.William Black and Sir Christian Black aka Angry bird.

"Mr.William was the one who took over Black bird right after their father Mr. Charles decided to retire. And Mr.Christian worked side by side with him. They ran  the family business together. But Mr.William spent most of his time at the construction company. "

My eye brows raise in confusion.
"Its part of the family business. "she explains after seeing the look. "So literally the company was under Mr.Christian   he ran it full time. But all the credit went to Mr.William. "she continued.

"What I know or have heard is that it caused them to drift apart. And Mr.William decided to leave t pop àhe company to run the construction company. "she concluded.

"Oh, well thanks. "
"Sure. Anytime. "she says smiling at me. Well now I feel bad, the fact that all his hard work was not recognized but all the credit went to someone else.

I don't know what it feels like but am very sure it doesn't feel so good. I get to my floor and pass by the boardroom . I see Angry bird and Natalie...... fighting? They keep hurling words at each other and Sir Christian's face is the clear definition of rage.

I wonder what they are talking about. Sir Christian bursts out of the doors and furiously walks to his office slamming the door so hard the sound feels the whole room and kinder scares me.

Natalie looks at me and flashes a smile my way that I quickly return and then walk to my office.  Sir Christian is even more stressed than he was before and for some reason I am stressed because he is stressed. I have not seen him happy since I got here apart from that day i was in his arms.

He looked relaxed. Like all burdens had been cut off his back. And I want to see him like that again. With that beautiful smirk on his gorgeous face.

"What's wrong?"Jayson asks sitting across me in the cafeteria.
"Nothing. Am okay. "
"You are lost again. I can see it. "
"I am just thinking about the meeting that's all. Where the others. "
"They have gone to eat out. "
"Oh. Okay. "
And then some silence. I can feel Jayson's eyes on me. It's somewhat making me tense.

"Ammmm...Dana?"
"Hmm?"I look at him. His eyes reminding of a cloudless sky.Amazing.
"Are you free Friday night?"he asks sort of shying away which I find really cute. I want to make him feel comfortable so I smile at him.
"Ya. Why?"
"I would love to take you out .Maybe a movie ."
"Sounds great. "
"Awesome. "he says his hand raking through his dirty blonde hair.

~~~~~~
Sir Christian has been in his office all day again. It's 5:30pm. Rebecca is gone. And in the next thirty minutes I will be going home. It would be polite of me to check on him. Right?

I knock on the door and there is no answer. He is doing this again. Seriously. I decide to open the door and peep.
"Oh My God! "

I walk into the office placing the coffee on the empty table. All the files are on the floor.  The files in the shelf are down and the papers are mixed up. His laptop is beside him open and he is seated on the floor in the corner. At the window looking outside with a bottle of alcohol in his hand.

He turns his head and looks at me and then back outside the window.
"Go away. "he says taking the content in the bottle. I walk over to him skipping files and avoiding stepping on the paperwork. 

Looking down at him, tears form in my eyes because I know he is going through alot right now and he is having a hard time tackling it all down. He looks up at me.
"Sit down. Here. "
He says pushing the laptop away. I sit down next to him and silence engulfs the whole room.

"Life has been unfair to me since i was a child. I was never good enough. I was never appreciated and the only one who loved me so immensely was my father. But he also decided to leave me. Alone. To suffer. "i want to ask about Charles but is better for me to just listen to him.

Letting it out will give him alittle satisfaction.
"All I want is to be loved ,is that too much to ask. To be appreciated. For all of them to see that I am.....I am capable. "he drinks and turns to me.

I clean the tears from.my face and look back at him. His head rests on my shoulder. And the silence returns.
"Stay with me. Forever. "he whispers and that's the last thing I hear before he closes his eyes and sleeps?