chapter sixteen

Christian
I get to the office and whoa. My office is clean? The files are in place, the table is well arranged , everything is in place. And the air smells so.......fresh.
"Did you do this?"I ask Rebecca and she shakes her head. if she didn't That means she did.

And the coffee cup on the table affirms. It has good morning written in bubble black letters. It instantly plants a smile on my face. But now I am craving to see her. William didn't tell me much about what happened last night and I want to know if I said or did anything I shouldn't have.

Dana
I spent all morning thinking about this and am now gonna be presenting my idea to the marketing team. I get in and the tension tells me to get out. This time it's no discussion ,it's a fight.

Greg and Sasha are hurling words at each other. And Jayson is in the middle of them trying to stop them from you know.... getting in touch.
"Shut the f***k up Greg "Sasha shouts.
"Bitch, I will...."I don't think you should know what he said.

I don't have space to say anything. My voice surely can't be heard over all the noise.  so I decide to leave. But I know I can help out. I know that my slogan might work.  It might be perfect for scorch.

I want them to listen to me. The courage I am having right now only strikes once in like days and I don't want to waste it. I am not gonna waste it.   I am gonna tell Angry bird. I want to know if it will help or not. I just can't let it go without getting anyone's opinion.

I knock at the door.
"Come in"his voice deep and sexy. I should record it one time. Make it ma ring tone.  I get in. He is seated back in his chair looking through models' pictures looking like a model himself.  His peach shirt showing off  the formation of his glorious chest and large rigid arms. Whoa!

"Yes!"he says yanking me out of my tiny paradise. But now the words suddenly leave my mouth. I can't get them out. What if he doesn't like it? What if he doesn't appreciate my work? Come on courage don't fail me now.

"Well....i-i "
He puts the pictures down , leaning in towards the table. He locks his fingers and places his hands at his pink lips his eyes never leaving mine.

My legs start to shake. I play with my fingers nervously. And his eyes move to them and back at me raising one of his thick eyebrows. I must be looking pathetic.

Someone knocks on the door and opens it. It's Rebecca. The distraction gives me time to pull my act together and speak.
"Sir, Mr. Rivers is here. "
"Tell him I will be there in five. "
He says . Pride ringing through his voice.

Like he wasn't sleeping on my lap yesterday. But I notice something. The grip on his hands is very tight. And I can see his jaw ticking. Is he angry about something? Is he angry at me ?What did I do?

"Well I guess you are not gonna say anything."he says getting up from his chair and putting on his coat. I watch as he prepares himself for the meeting trying so hard to push the words out of my mouth.

"Flames of a sexy fragrance."I say . My heart suddenly feeling so light and I get the guts to turn around and face him. His hand is on the door knob.
"Scorch. Flames of a sexy fragrance. " I repeat.

He turns and faces me. And a smirk is planted on his face. Its a sexy and beautiful smirk. There are fires inside me. Raging fires. Big and wild. He gets his phone out and calls someone.
"Cancel the meeting with Mr.Rivers. I won't be needing him anymore. "

He walks towards me. Looking deeply into my eyes like he is looking for something he kept earlier. A smile makes its way on his face and I am filled with a feeling of satisfaction.

I am happy seeing him happy. He moves closer and now I can feel his breath hit my face .It feels so good for me to be this close to him. But it feels awesome seeing him looking like this. Happy. Smiling.

Pleasure feels the whole of me for some reason. I like it.
"How did you think of this?"
"I-i picked an idea from the meeting you had with the marketing team and built on it.
Greg's idea on fire. "

"I like it. "he says looking down at my lips , hiding his hands in his pockets. I diverge my eyes to the floor because I can't stand the intensity of his eyes. Of this feeling. Of the whole situation.

He comes closer and I start to take steps away from him till I hit his desk. He looks down at me and my legs tremble. His hand goes around my waist to support me. I gasp at the feeling of his hand on my body again. Like it's the first time.

Its sensual. It's breath taking. I can't explain it. He pulls me closer to him and my hands land on his hard chest. His grip on me tightens. He is affected by my touch. Could it be? He definitely is. Is he? Doesn't matter. He affects me.

But his eyes darken again. And the smile disappears. His face is filled with some kind of realisation. And all of the sudden, he lets go..