chapter fourteen

Dana
Even the biggest of monsters look peaceful in their sleep. They look harmless and tameable only for them to wake up. They become vicious and angry and destruction thirsty. It's 8:00pm and Angry bird is still out. His head is now on my laps and I keep stroking his cheek feeling his spiky little beard.

He looks very adorable when he is asleep. His mouth is open alittle and he is letting out small breaths that keep tickling my knee. I don't want to wake him up. I obviously prefer him like this but it's really late.

I have no idea how we are gonna get out of this place but I have to find a way to. We can't spend the night in his messy office. His phone rings. Its in his pocket. I pull it out and it's Mr.William. Thank you God.

"Hello. "
"Hello. Who is this? Where is Christian and why do you have his phone. "he asks sounding really concerned. For brothers who are not having a close relationship , he really sounds caring.

"Ammm...I am Dana, his pa. Sir Christian is here with me but he is asleep. I need help getting him home. "
"Where are you?"
"In his office. "
"Okay. I am coming. I am on my way. "
"Okay sir. "
And he hangs up.

Angry bird shifts his head, higher on my lap pulling my dress up alittle. He places his hand on my skin and shivers travel my whole body and all of the sudden it's difficult to breathe.

His hand is warm and surprisingly soft. And having it on me feels my whole being with excitement. Just his touch raises dirty thoughts in my head. I close my eyes and count.to ten. I need to keep myself distracted from this but his grip tightens.

My eyes pop open and I realise.he is struggling with something in his dreams. His face is scrunched up and folds form on his forehead. I place my hand on his forehead and he goes back.to being sound asleep.

But his grip doesn't loosen. How is that even possible? I taste blood in my mouth. Shit! I have bitten my lip too hard. The door opens and my eyes dart to yet another piece of art.

There is a big resemblance between him and Angry bird only that he has emerald green pools. And he is a bit taller.Thats it. He rushes over to where we are seated and looks down at me.

I nervously smile at him. His eyes travel to Angry bird and then land on where his hand is touching and a small smile tags on his face. I feel alittle embarrassed but I can feel the red flash on my face.

~~~~~~
It's 10:00pm. I am very exhausted. I keep yawning and Mr.William keeps looking at me and looking back on the road. He has not said anything to me since he arrived at the office. Sir Christian is still out and sleeping at the back.
"Ammmmmmmm....here. You can leave me here. "
"You sure? I can drive you to your house. "
"It's not so far from here. I will be fine. I really think you should be more worried about Sir Christian. He looked really wasted when I got to his office. "
"Do you perhaps know why?"he asks keeping his eyes on the road.
"Well I think it because he has alot on his mind. He had a really disturbing meeting with the investors and then had a fight with Natalie. From there he stomped into his office and later I found him. Like that. "I say looking back at a half dead handsome angry bird.

"I really think he is keeping alot to himself. He is ever getting angry. If not at me, at everyone else. The slightest of things I do ,get him angry and I just don't know what to do anymore. But I know he has a huge burden he is carrying. And sadly it might not be one. I think you should talk to him. You know.....his your brother. Maybe he will open up. "

I turn to him and i realise his eyes have been pinned on me the whole time. He blinks and looks away.
"I wish it was that easy. "he says flashing a simple smile my way. I didn't realize we weren't moving anymore. I get hold of my purse and jump out of the car. Before I shut the door he calls my name.
"Yes Sir. "
"Thank you. For not leaving him alone. "
"Sure sir. I am employed to do so."
Am I? He smiles at me and I smile back.

There is a certain warmth to him. I like it. He makes me feel so comfortable. My house is just a few blocks away. So I get walking as soon as the car disappears from sight.

The feeling of Sir Christian's hand on my skin still lingers. And I just can't seem to erase the smile the memory plasters on my face. So much for keeping my distance.