chapter eleven

Dana
The first day at work didn't go as planned really. It went really........ differently. And now here I am planning on how to go about the rest of the days at work living with the encounter between Angry bird and myself.

What happened between the two of us was simply a mistake. He was in need of a doll to play with and I made myself readily available. Which was so wrong of me. I am not a cheap woman and my mother certainly didn't raise me to be someone's rebound.

I might not have alot of money, or many cars or many houses but I have my dignity and self respect. And I am not letting go of it. I have come way too far building it to be where it is and no one is gonna take that away from me.

I have decided on distancing myself from Angry bird. I don't want anything happening between the two of us again.
"Good morning. "I say to Rebecca. And she ignores me. Sure.  That's also okay.

I enter my office and place my bag on the sofa. Then I head to the resource room with the new form cups I brought from home. You know the ones that are not boring.

I make Angry bird his coffee. He is gonna be here in two minutes and I really don't want to see him or talk to him. Not after he threw me out like like a piece of stale gum.

I walk back to his office place the coffee on his table. I organize some files on his table. After appreciating the arrangement, I turn to walk out but the door opens.

He stands right infront of me in his grey suit that matches the color of my heels,looking as handsome as usual.  I can see the grip around his brief case handle tighten but I avert my eyes to the floor remembering the shame I went through the day before.

"G-Good morning Mr.."
"What are you doing in my office?"he cuts me off rudely and that forces my eyes to travel to his face. The cold eyes again. What is it that I did to the people in this company.

"I have a spare key to your office. I thought I would deliver your coffee so you would find it already set for you. Do you have a problem with that?"I snap. I am not the type that gets angry real fast. No. I have always been slow to anger. But he just makes me feel like plucking the hair off my head.

I have only worked for him for a day but I already have a full list of things I hate about him. They say first impression matters and i have come to realize that this guy is nothing but an anger filled freak and he puts his misery out on everybody. Like we caused his sorrowful life.

His dark eyebrows furrow and he gives me a death glare. I do exactly the same. You know what. He doesn't even deserve my nice coffee in my interesting form cup. I turn to the table and get the cup in my hands. I walk towards the door but he stands infront of me.

"What do you think you are doing?"he asks his voice deep and flaming with anger.
"I was being very thoughtful you know. I didn't wait for you to ask for the coffee but rather made it for you. Just me being thought full. "I say and surprisingly he listens without interrupting.

I am very sure I am getting fired right after doing this.
"But you know what. You  don't deserve it. You don't deserve my coffee. At all. So I will give it out to some one who deserves it. Someone who will appreciate it. Okay. "I say shooting him a forced smile. I walk to the door, my shoulder brushing his making him move back slightly. Ya it was intentional.

He is not going to treat  me like he wants to. Like a maid. No. I agree I am his PA. And I am supposed to do what he asks me to do. But there is supposed to be some respect between the two of us if this working relationship is to you know.......work.

Respect will definitely not be one sided and definitely not optional. He can fire me. It's okay. I don't care. Am ready to go look for another job. Atleast there I will be shown some appreciation and respect.

Thank you for reading. Do remember to vote and follow. Love you all.

Enjoy😘