chapter twelve

Dana
"Go to the first floor. You are gonna be escorting the investors to the boardroom on the fifth floor. "Rebecca tells me. I get up and quickly head to the first floor.

I find two old men just arriving at the door and I prepare myself.  I clear my throat and I see Katrina give me a thumbs up.
"Good morning ,Am Dana Maxwell. Mr.Christian's new PA. I will be escorting you to the boardroom. "
They smile at me and introduce themselves. One of the old men has a French accent. He must be French.

All the six investors are in the boardroom and are being well taken care of.  They keep talking amongst themselves and the room is filled with mumbling sounds.

When Christian enters the boardroom our eyes meet. And just by looking at them, all my anger is engulfed by admiration and desire. Desire to have him.

I walk to the last chair on the left of the long table. I am supposed to be taking notes for the discussion and suggestions for the developments to be put in place on behalf of Angry bird.

But the meeting turned out not go be a discussion. It was a time to roast Mr.Christian Black. All the investors were questioning his capability to release the new brand of perfume , Scorch ,with in the next month.

One even reached an extent of calling him incompetent. And I  could see his jaw ticking at the scolding. He tried to explain the situation to them but they didn't even give him a chance to talk. They were furious and really concerned about their money going to waste. I had never known the pressures of being a business man till today.

Angry bird hid his anger behind his silence.  He reached a time where he stopped trying to talk to them to just listening.
"Mr.Christian ,this being your first brand release , we are gonna give you till the end of next month. If nothing comes up , you will either hand the project to your father or we simply pull out of the company. "
One of the old men concluded.

So it's his first time. He doesn't want to get his dad involved in any of his business because he wants to prove to him that he can be a very good business man like him. Then how long has he been in office?

When the meeting was done , I had to escort all the six men out. And there was little small talk here and there. When I reach the first flow , my eyes fall on Natalie.  I haven't seen her since the time we went to celebrate. Till she left me stranded.

"Hey. How did it go? They don't look so happy. "
"Well, it wasn't good. They were all firing at him like angry hunters and he was the cornered antelope. "I said and her face became so dull. Ofcourse she cares for her brother. Despite their petty fights.

"How long has sir Christian worked here?"
"He has only been here long.Dince he graduated business school actually. But in the CEO office. Only two years. Last year and this year. This is his first time landing a brand. And he just wants to prove to dad that he can be as good as.." she  looks at her fingers that she fiddles with as a distraction.

"As good as?"
"William. Our eldest brother. "she finishes. Faking a smile across her face. I smile back at her wondering why she became so emotional. Is it because he might be d-dead? Oh heavens. May my thoughts be wrong.

"I will go talk to Chris. See you later?"
I would have refused but right now she is vulnerable and she really looks like she needs a friend so
"Sure. Why not?"
"Am sorry about that night. "
"It's okay. Forget about it. "

I decide to ask alittle about Angry bird and the best person to ask is none other than Katrina. She is one of the first friends I made in this place.

"Hey. "
"Hey. Dana. How is your second day of work. "
"It's better than the first. "I say remembering the encounter between Angry bird and I. I still can't get it out of my mind. The way his hands held me so tight. Our noses brushing each other. Feeling his..okay. you understand what I mean by not forgetting.

"So how can I help you."she says turning all her attention to me.
"Tell me about , Mr.William and A- I mean Mr.Christian. "
Mental note. Do try to keep your boss's Nick name to your head. 

Hey there everyone.
Hope you loved the chapter.

Enjoy😘