Chapter 51: Ride

I'm suddenly woken up by the sound of my ringer. Blindly reaching for my phone, I answer it and set it on my head resting peacefully on my pillow. "Hello?" My groggy voice replies.
     "Knew it. Daydreamer was stuck dreaming again," a familiar voice replies on the other end.
     "What're you talking about," I mumble, leaning on the verge of falling back to sleep, for my eyes were not yet adjusted to the bright surroundings.
     "Oh, I don't know, maybe just that I'm currently outside the room of a passed out freshman with no sense of memory or time," he replies. My mind doesn't take it in for a few seconds until it suddenly hit me.
     "Wait what?!" I shriek, sitting up to find a dressed up Yoongi leaning against the entrance of my room. I immediately pull the covers back over my revealing top that I happened to fall
asleep in. "What're you doing in my house?"
     "Again," he starts, taking out his phone and holding it up to show the time, "no sense of memory or time."
     "Is it 10:30 already?!" I yelp, jumping out of bed to be greeted by my terrible reflection in my mirror. "Oh god, I am so sorry," I apologize as I quickly find random outfits and throw them in a nearby backpack.
     "No worries."
     "Not you...Jungkook. He was the one that invited me and was expecting me to be on time," I snap, brushing my hair while finding a top. I suddenly stop though and look up into his eyes that were lightly covered by his scattered bangs. "Get out! I gotta change!"
     I see him smile at my words before disappearing into the hall and granting me permission to strip out of my pajamas and into my new outfit. I quickly do a little makeup and pack more things that I would need for my overnight.
     Making sure to pack the two lipsticks he bought me yesterday, I finish adding a few pieces of jewelry here and there before revealing my final look. "How did you even get in? Is my father home?" I ask as I zip up my bag and slide a pair of wedged sandals on.
     "He was just leaving when I arrived," he explains, leaning against the door frame once again and gazing down at his silver watch banded skeins his wrist before looking back up at me. I catch him gazing at me up and down with a spark in his eye. "We talked a bit and I am apparently the perfect husband for you."
     My head shoots up from my packing to glare at him in awe. "He what?!"
     "It's not my fault I got charms," he shrugs, running his fingers through his dark hair as he does so. He was definitely wearing a bit more makeup than usual but it was still so at the minimum that I could still see his true self. 'Can't relate.'
     He wore a black button up with a red, Supreme fannypack paired with blue jeans and white sneakers. Chains hung at his ears and neck as usual and the band I got him yesterday continued to rest on his finger. 'I wonder what he'll wear to the beach...'
"It's a beach, stupid. Bring a suit and towel," he says, taking my bag from my bed and carrying it for me out of my room and downstairs. I do as he says and locate a beach themed towel and two-piece swimsuit that I was disappointed in having.
It was a simple, black bikini with skinny straps and a bra and underwear like appearance. I only wore it to hot tub parties with my family or friends. Never had I imagine wearing it in front of 7 senior boys who were all known for toying with girl's hearts and falling for their bodies.
'I suppose I have nothing else...'
Shoving it in between the folds of the towel, I hurry downstairs and outside to find Yoongi waiting patiently inside the driver side of his car.
"You take forever, y'know," he says as I climb in, his eyes locked on his phone while I hug the wrapped swimsuit to my chest. "Namjoon and Jin are already there," he sighs, stashing his phone in his pocket and turning the car to drive.
"Sorry," I murmur, sensing his slight anger and planning on keeping my mouth shut the entire ride.
Gazing out the window, the car comes to a stop at the usual stop sign. There, he turns to face me before suddenly poking my cheek. "Ow, what was that for?" I ask, whipping my head around to find him looking both way before turning left towards the highway.
"Being late," he replies, not meeting my gaze for a few seconds before finally doing so after merging into ongoing traffic, "and because you look cute when you're tired."
"Mm, Tae says the same thing," I shrug, gazing back out the window and catching his smile disappear from the corner of my eye.
"Does he now?" He replies, suddenly losing the quirkinesses he was just giving out.
"No need to be jealous. I made it up," I admit, turning back to find him flushing pink. I couldn't help but smile at his reaction before raising a finger and poking his cheek. "You're cute when your jealous."
We both glance at one another one last time before finally shutting up and enjoying the light hum of the music with the morning sun beaming down at us on our way to our destination.