39

Taehyung would have never thought that being away from Jeongguk would be this hard, after the past few days of being close to him again. He regrets listening to Seokjin, it's been a week since they're back from the trip.

Worst thing is, that uni only starts in two weeks again and even though he has told the younger to avoid each other, Taehyung still hopes to at least see him a few times. It would make him happy.

Next step is to find out the reason of why his mate smells different, of course the thought of him being pregnant was a short while in his head, but could it really be? The scent should include his own, right, though it doesn't. Hoseok described Taehyung's as musky, woody, but Jeongguk's is fresh like an ocean now, paired with something he'd think the sun smells like. It's addictive and so good. There's no way he's pregnant or maybe he slept with someone else?

Taehyung shakes his head, Jeongguk had told him that he didn't and he believes the younger. Maybe Dohun can help, he's SooYeon's boyfriend and she could be the one to find out the truth.

The Alpha texts his friend.

*Hey Hun, can we meet?*

The reply comes minutes later.

*Sure, when and where?*

Taehyung thinks what place would be the best, he doesn't want to accidentally meet Jeongguk, not this time. He needs a clear mind and no distraction.

*How about in an hour, the small coffee shop near your apartment?*

It's the opposite of where Jeongguk lives and he's almost sure that the boy never went there before.

*Sounds good, I'm actually with my girl but she says it's okay.*

*Actually, can you bring her with you? I need to ask her something.*

Dohun doesn't answer for almost ten minutes, but then Taehyung's phone dings with a new message.

*Sure, she says that she's curious now haha.*

The Alpha smiles, of course she is.

*It's nothing bad, see u both later.*

*Yes, c u Tae.*

Taehyung takes a shower and gets ready, even though it's close to Dohun, he himself needs to drive around thirty minutes to the coffee shop.

Casual clothes are enough for this date, he doesn't need to impress someone. With a sigh, he opens the door to the small, cozy place and hears the bell from above him, announcing him as a new customer.

Dohun and SooYeon are already sitting at a table in the middle of the room. It seems like they haven't ordered yet.

Taehyung walks over to them, his heart beating a little faster than usual. What if the information he's going to get isn't something good? What if he doesn't even get any answers today? Both outcomes would disappoint him.

"Hi, thank you for making time for me." He greets them with a smile.

"Hey Tae, it's nice to see you again, it's been a while." Dohun pulls the chair next to him back, so that the Alpha can sit down.

SooYeon nods slightly. "Tae, we saw each other not long ago, but it's a pleasure to meet you again. You made me curious with your request, not gonna lie." She chuckles, has a hunch of what the reason could be.

"Yeah, you're my last hope, to be honest." He takes the seat next to Dohun and sits down. Taehyung is nervous, to be honest. How the fuck should he start the conversation? Directly to the point or small talk first?