「𝙵𝚊𝚟𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝙵𝚘𝚘𝚍」

𝙵𝚊𝚟𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝙵𝚘𝚘𝚍: 𝚂𝚒𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚜𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚝 𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚘

𝙵𝚊𝚟𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝙵𝚘𝚘𝚍: 
𝚂𝚒𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚜𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚝 𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚘

It was such a coincidence that [name]'s favourite food was the same as Tokito Muichiro. Which meant a lot to her, and Muichiro(unconsciously).

The day that she found out Muichiro's favourite food, was the day that she felt her heart pounding hard against her chest. How her pink-tinted lips would curl up into a soft smile then as she watched the way his mint-green eyes slowly widened.

It was a cold day, she remembered. It was raining heavily and [name] was seen seated in the room where it faced the courtyard. The spot where Oyakata-sama sat as he conducted the Hashira meeting.

She was seen dressed comfortably in her kimono along with a striped haori that was draped across her shoulders for she was spending some time with Iguro Obanai, the Serpent Hashira.

His heterochromia eyes watched as [name] stared blankly out at the courtyard, watching as the rain hits the ground harshly as thunders were rumbling and lightning was seen. Her pink-tinted lips pressed into a fine thin line as she turned to look at him.

"Do you think Tokito-sama is caught in the rain?" she asked and Obanai let out a mental sigh, knowing well that this question was about to be asked sooner or later. He was about to answer, only to hear footsteps and they turned to look as the Sound Hashira, Uzui Tengen, had entered the room.

"Good afternoon, [name]-sama. I was hoping to see you here," he spoke out as he got onto a knee and bowed in respect towards the daughter of Oyakata-sama who frowned a little, not enjoying the way that she was being treated.

She wanted to be treated equally.

She noticed how his large hand was holding onto a bento box that was wrapped tightly in beautiful cloth and she wondered what was going on. She watched as Tengen chuckled softly as he made his way towards her and placed the bento box in front of her.

"Hinatsuru has made some of your favourite food," he spoke out and watched as [name]'s lavender eyes widened at what was said. Obanai then proceeds to untie the cloth and revealed her favourite food that was still piping hot despite Tengen travelling through such cold weather.

She watched as the steam rose slightly and Obanai handed her the chopsticks which she gladly accepted as she placed her hands together. Her stomach growling softly as she had eaten a light breakfast, and Tengen chuckled as he could hear her stomach growl.

"Itadakimasu," she whispered out softly as she slowly picked the cubed radish up and gently blew on it. She then looked at it slowly and turned to look at Obanai who shook his head in response, knowing what the daughter of Oyakata-sama wanted to do.

"I'll pass, [name]-sama," he spoke out and [name] slowly nodded her head as she placed the slightly cooled down radish into her mouth. How the radish was simmered till it's soft that [name] didn't need to use much force to chew as it melted slightly against her tongue.

She then turned and look as she heard running footsteps and her lavender eyes widened as she saw Muichiro running in the rain, running towards her. She watched as he quickly climbed onto the patio and was soaking wet and she quickly placed her chopsticks down just as Tengen arrived with a huge cloth in his hand, throwing it at Muichiro who quickly wrapped himself in it.

[name] then looked at him, worried. But her lavender eyes widened as she noticed how his mint-green eyes laid upon the bento box that held her favourite food. She watched as he knelt beside her and soon turned to look at her.

"[name]-sama," he called out softly to acknowledge [name]'s presence in the room. [name] then grabbed hold of the cloth that was next to her as earlier on the kakushis had brought over to her just in case she got cold.

She started to place it onto his head where his hair was dripping wet and ruffled his hair slightly.

"Tokito-sama, you will catch a cold like that," she spoke out and her face had a tinge of red on her cheeks as Muichiro reached out and grabbed hold of [name]'s wrist with his small hand, gently. He then pulled her hand down and peered into her lavender eyes.

"I will be fine, [name]-sama," he spoke softly and [name] noticed how his mint-green eyes were laid upon the simmered radish dressed with sweet miso. She then grabbed hold of the chopsticks and picked up a radish, placing it near his lips.

She watched as he parted his lips a little and her eyes widened slightly as she saw a slight sparkle in them, and how his lips had curled up into a small smile as he savoured the goodness.

"My... Favourite..." he whispered out and [name] could feel her heart pounding hard against her chest as she was looking at a different side of Muichiro. Her pink-tinted lips slowly curled up into a smile as well as she looked at him.

And when he realized that his favourite food was the same as her, everything changed.

Ever since that rainy day, whenever Muichiro was eating his favourite food, he will order another and bring it over to the Ubushiyaki Estate where he would sit next to [name] and watch her enjoy the delicious bowl of food.

Which was the same as [name]. Whenever they had her favourite food for any meal and if Muichiro wasn't out on a mission, [name] would request for him to come and have a meal with them, and she would always smile whenever she saw the sparkle in his eyes.

And with that, did the little things between them started to grow a little more important than ever.

For now, they were young, and to the adults, it seems like it was just a coincidence that they wanted to share the joy. But if they were adults, it would look entirely different.

It would look as if they were looking out for one another, in a different form of love language.