「𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚎𝚌𝚝」

𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚎𝚌𝚝, that was his role as a demon slayer, as the Mist Hashira of the Demon Slayer Corps

𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚎𝚌𝚝, that was his role as a demon slayer, as the Mist Hashira of the Demon Slayer Corps. His duty was to kill demons and protect the innocent lives, finding ways to reach their goal in getting rid of Kibutsuji Muzan.

But he had another role that he determined on his own unconsciously as he often brought Ubushiyaki [name] out of the Estate and into the dangerous world where demons lurk about, starving, hungry for blood.

He promised to bring her around town from time to time. Which brought a smile on her face as she was able to head out and buy items that she had always wanted as she held hands with his favourite Hashira.

With every trip to town, was every trip where Tokito Muichiro would protect [name] from the demons that lurk about. His nichirin blade strapped against his white belt as his small handheld onto her small one tightly.

Walking next to her through the busy streets of the town nearby.

And today, was no different.

He had on an emotionless expression as always as he raised his free hand out, pushing away adults who were about to trample upon them with ease. Earning scowls and frowns ever so often. He then felt a tug on his hand and he turned to look as [name] was pointing towards a store that she wanted to see.

He noticed how it was a simple small store that sold hair ties and hairpieces, which her lavender eyes sparkled slightly at. He allowed the young daughter of Oyakata-sama to tug him along as they entered the shop and watched as she lets go of his small hand and started to browse through.

Only for him to appear next to her as he shoved away the man that was about to land a hand on her shoulder. The man had a frown on his face, but the moment his eyes laid upon the nichirin blade that was strapped against Muichiro's white belt, he remained silent.

"Is this alright?" Muichiro heard [name]'s voice and he turned to divert his attention towards her. He watched as she brought up a pair of hair clips that looked like they were able to hold her hair into a ponytail and he slowly nodded.

Only to have his mint-green eyes widened a little as [name] stood behind him and she felt her delicate fingers running through his black locks that ended with mint-green ends. He then felt a little more cooling as he heard the sound of the hair clip clicking together.

And he looked into the small mirror that was present on the small table before him. Noticing how [name] had tied his long hair up into a high ponytail. He then turned to look at her and noticed how her pink-tinted lips were curled up into a soft smile.

He then noticed her small hand was holding onto another hair clip and he grabbed hold of it, walking behind her as his fingers ran through her long black locks that ended with white ends. [name] then watched as her hair was soon pulled up into a high ponytail, similar to that of what she had done for him.

And the sound of the hair clip clicking together was heard and she looked into the mirror. Muichiro's small hands found its way towards her shoulders as he gently placed them there and he peered into the mirror.

"Okay?" was all he asked and [name] nodded her head and she was about to protest as Muichiro had paid for the hair clips and she had on a slight pout. She watched as he held out his hand towards her and she soon placed her hand into his.

Their fingers intertwined with one another as he pulled her out of the store, realizing that the sun was setting and he had to bring her home before the sunsets. They were seen leaving the town just as the sky darkened.

And the sound of crickets was heard as they walked side by side with one another. His free hand resting on the top of his nichirin blade as his other hand held onto hers tightly.

Ensuring that she wouldn't disappear all too sudden.

He stopped walking the moment he felt her stop and he turned to look at her. He watched as her lavender eyes slowly widened as she started to hear growling noises and she felt as Muichiro lets go of her hand and pulled out his nichirin blade.

He stood behind her, a hand against her waist as he pointed it forward.

"Breath of Mist, Second Form: Eight-Layered Mist," and [name] watched from the front as if she was holding the nichirin blade. She watched as Muichiro unleashes multiple slashes one on top of the other in quick succession.

The sound of blood splattering was heard as the dead body of the demon dropped down from the night sky, as it had jumped up earlier on, ready to pounce of them due to its starvation. Muichiro then swiped his nichirin blade and kept it in his cast.

Holding his hand out as [name] placed her hand back into his and their fingers intertwined once more.

"I'll protect you," was what he whispered out and [name] slowly nodded her head. It was something he often repeats whenever they encounter a demon together, and he would say that to calm her down.

And the duo was seen walking through the entrance of the Demon Slayer Corps Headquarters, and the older Hashiras could only watch as they let out a soft sigh at what was going on before them.

Something they were used to seeing every now and then.

"Fuck, this is really getting out of hand," Sanemi muttered out and Tengen chuckled flamboyantly as they continued to look what was going on.

Still continuing to label what was seen before them, 'puppy love'.

"Diabetes,"

Was what the Hashiras who were aged 21 spoke as they continued to watch the youngest Hashira sending the daughter of Oyakata-sama home.