「𝙵𝚒𝚛𝚎𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚔𝚜」

𝙵𝚒𝚛𝚎𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚔𝚜, the first time Tokito Muichiro heard about fireworks was when he had 'eavesdropped' on a conversation that [name] was having with Obanai

"Really! Tanjiro-sama said there is something like fireworks that goes boom boom!" [name] spoke out as she looked at the Serpent Hashira, Iguro Obanai, with a pair of hopeful lavender eyes. His heterochromia eyes narrowed slightly while he raised an eyebrow as he looked at the young girl before him.

"[name]-sama, why are you still listening to that... brat?" he asked and [name] had a pout on her face as her tiny hands found its way to her hips as she looked at him with her pair of lavender eyes.

"Iguro-sama! I spoke so much but you only paid attention to the fact that I'm hanging out with Tanjiro-sama!" [name] said with a slight tantrum being displayed, and Obanai sighed, realizing that he might be offending the young daughter of Oyakata-sama.

"I doubt there are fireworks to look at anyway," Obanai muttered out and watched as [name]'s eyes started to tremble a little. He paled slightly as tears started to roll down her face and he didn't know what to do.

He was about to raise his hand to give her a head a little pat, only to hear footsteps and watched as [name] turned to look at Muichiro who had decided to come out from hiding. He watched as [name] ran towards Muichiro and hugged him tightly, which the young Mist Hashira returned to hug immediately.

Looking towards Obanai who had his hands up in defence, as if telling Muichiro he didn't lay a hand on her or whatnot. Muichiro then gently patted her on the head and watched as she withdrew from the hug.

"Fireworks..." she mumbled out.

Which now led to Tokito Muichiro standing outside the gate of the Ubushiyaki Estate, waiting patiently for the arrival of [name]. He waited as he looked up to the sky that was painted in an orange gradient and soon heard the gate being pushed opened.

The sound of the gate creaking was heard and he turned to look as [name] was guided out by Amane who had a gentle smile on her face. He noticed how [name] was dressed beautifully and how her pink-tinted lips were curled up into a wide smile.

Holding his hand out, the young daughter of Oyakata-sama decided to place her small hand into his as well and allowed him to pull her along. That's when [name] realized, a good distance away from where Muichiro was, were the older Hashiras, dressed in yukatas and kimonos as well.

A festival was where Muichiro wanted to bring [name] to.

Maybe it was because [name] hardly trains like that Hashira, or rather, she never once trained like them, which ended up with Muichiro carrying her on his back as they walked up the huge stairs that led to the top of the hill which Tengen insisted that it was the best spot to viewing fireworks.

"Are we all settled down?" Tengen asked and everybody called out to agree, and he flashed a flamboyant smile as he settled down next to Kyojuro. Whereas [name] remained by the side of Muichiro as she held a candy apple by the stick in her hand. He watched from the corner of his mint-green eyes how her pink-tinted lips were parted slightly.

Excited.

"3!"

"2!"

"1!"

The sound of the fireworks going off and up into the clear night sky was heard along with the beautiful colours that were seen. The Hashiras along with [name] watched in awe at what was happening. How beautiful the night sky lit up with the fireworks.

"[name]-sama are you enj-," and Sanemi stopped in the middle of his question as he turned to look at [name]. A smile plastered on his face then as he realized [name] was enjoying herself a whole lot, with the wide smile on her face as she remained next to Muichiro.

Shaking his head a little as he realized there was nothing that he and the other Hashiras could do to have [name] relying on them more than she relies on Muichiro.

"This puppy love is going a long way," he mumbled out as he turned to look back at the sky once more, shaking his head a little as he watched how messy Kyojuro and Mitsuri were eating their snacks.

Tokito Muichiro then started to have some sort of memory flowing through him, only for him to snap out of his thoughts as [name] reached out and grabbed hold of his hand in his. He watched as she started to point out the fireworks and the duo leaned towards each other, laughing softly as they tried to describe the colours of the fireworks.

Maybe it didn't matter to the adults in regards to fireworks. But to Muichiro, it meant a whole lot since it was something that [name] had wanted to see for a long time, and finally, the festival came as well.

He watched from the corner of his mint-green eyes, how her pink-tinted lips parted as she continued to point out and speak a little. He watched as she slowly turned to look at him with the gentle smile on her face.

"Thank you, Tokito-sama," she whispered out and Muichiro slowly nodded his head in response as she laid her head on his shoulder. His mint-green eyes widened slightly as [name] parted her lips once more to speak.

"Let's watch the fireworks together, every year!" she spoke out with much enthusiasm and Muichiro slowly nodded his head in response as the hold on her hand tightened and the duo turned to look up at the night sky once again as another set of fireworks were set out.

"Every year," Muichiro whispered out and [name] nodded her head.

The little things like these promises that they made with one another, eventually meant a whole lot to them. It meant a lot to them that adults wouldn't be able to understand.

Which is a given for the attachment they had for one another.